Pod Your Reef

help out with a new nanocube

zoos

Im going to setup a 12g DX(probably going to get it from nanotuners...that seems to be the place to go). I think i am going to add an extra 24watts because i want my zoos to go crazy. Will this lighting be sufficient for fast growth? I know thats kinda a relative term, but are zoos able to spread fairly well under that kind of lighting on this tank. I see alot of people drilling into the back wall for bulkheads and adding extra maxijets into the sump area. What is this for? Could someone please explain this to me? I am thinking about going starboard, but i hear about alot of tanks cracking so i think i will just go with like 1 inch of sand to keep rocks from sliding and shifting. For stocking i am keeping my pair of true percs and all my nice zoos and maybe some xenia for the percs to live in. So any advice before i get started would be great....ive never set up one of these tanks before but i have been wanting to for a while. Currently i have a 58g reef.

nanocustoms.com

zoos -

I talk to customers just like you every day. In fact, i was a customer just like you. I had a 100g in college that i had to take down because college in OC means you move 3 times a year (summer rent is like 3x more in Newport).

I got the cube because it was clean, simple and looks great. I was scared because I thought the ballgame had changed.

Nano-reefs are not very different from the normal reef, common sense and your previous experience should guide you. Keep up with water changes and general practices in reef husbandry, and you should be pretty successful.

Chris

Yeah that sounds like the situation im in. I also love them because there super clean. Im looking forward to settin it up so i can finally get some better colors out of my zoos. Right now there under 1 400w 10k and 2x75w vho actinics.

Yeah, i saw your tank and loved the starboard. I have been wanting to set one up for a while, but im afraid rocks will shift and break the glass. Although it does seem really strong. :rolleyes:

Archived