SaltCritters.com

Hope my cube breaks....

trumph

Or am I just having a bad day??? I've only had my 24dx cube about three months now and I can't stand the whole SW thing. Realized that I've gotten more satifaction with a whole lot less aggravation out of all my FW experiences than this. Raised fish as a young-un in the 60's and 70's (yea, I'm old!) Had over ten tanks in my bedroom when I was 12!! Sold Discus, Angels and my favorite...Badis Badis. Now I'm tricking out a little 20 gallon (at most!)Nano-cube tank with 1000gpm of flow and 1.1 gigawatts of lighting with enough ventilation to subdue my AC unit so I can but a bunch of expensive stuff to go with my "rock" and watch it most likely not live for any substantial amount of time. As an overview of this SW thing that I've gotten into because I wanted to give my daughter a Nemo, it seems that 95% of the people involved in the hobby spend the money and the other 5% tell them to buy more. I've already bought sand, rock and an RO/DI unit so I can make water, that's about $350 or so. Got an order for over $300 worth of rock decoration/corals coming tommorrow, so I'll put them in the water box and order a pair of Nemos next week. Guess they'll last a year then I can convert the Cube to a planter!! Thanks for letting me vent!

Should I empty it before I throw it or just heave my coralline encrusted rock at it, that should crack it. Maybe I can just throw more money at it....nah, it eats money! Think I'll buy a few of Tigah's frags before I trash it, that way at least it'll look great on the front lawn.

Maybe tomorrow I'll like the hobby a little better but I doubt it....LiveAquaria just informed me that they don't have everything I ordered. 'Course they didn't tell me what's coming and what's not. Oh, and you have to be home to accept their deliveries whenever they decide to ship or it voids the live guarantee, I'll be glad to wait on them. Oops..they're supposed to wait on me, thought the customer had rights... nope!! Guess that's the kind of abuse reef-keepers are used to....I don't like it!! Getting insaner(?) by the minute!!!!!

1.1 gigawatts? Well there's your problem...you bought the RO system and the 1000 GPM powerhead but didn't build the nuclear powerplant to light that thing. I figure 1.1 gigawatts should also generate enough heat to melt a glacier. Is glacier water pure? You may not need the RO system;)

Man Trumph...what happened? You were so enthusiastic on my thread!! Don't tell me that liveaquaria.com is doing this to you? C'mon. What's going on with the tank that you're really unhappy with? You can always give the tank to s'NEIRBO..his tank cracked on him while he was not home. Now THAT is something to wince over. SH

Yeah, think I'll get the $200/pair of Black Onyx Percs from LiveAquaria....my luck they'll be a gay couple!

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Trumph, your post have me on the floor. Every other day I feel that way...my cube is one step away from being launched off the 15th floor of my balcony. JK

Very interesting. I'm on my 3rd reef and have only been in the hobby for just over a year and have never done freshwater at all. I absolutely love SW. I can honestly say I've had no major issues that would make me pack up and call it quits. Then again (and I'm just venturing an opinion here), seems like you have to be a lot more patient with a SW tank.

Just my two cents.

If it was only 2 cents & not $200/day I think it would be more fun. With all the shipping charges I've paid so far I could have mailed myself to the Great Barrier Reef for a week and had a look at the real thing. Already got rid of my computer chair and am now sitting on a stack of invoices, just wish they reclined like my old chair...

Maybe I should start selling something...ok...Extremely Rare(isn't everything?) Chia Astrea Snails....they eat algae and it grows on their backs!! Imported from somewhere..bidding starts at $50/snail...additonal algae included at no extra cost!! Going fast, so hurry...shipping only $200 per snail.

Actually have Asteas that look like that....mobile trees!! The only algae I have in my Cube is on their shells, & every now and then they trim it off each other.

Don't take this tooooo seriously....part of it is kidding....haven't figured out which part though....

flopmeister69

One year trumph? I just passed the one year anniversary of my nanocube and I'm on nemo fishes numbers 4 and 5. Fish number 3 lasted 8 months, he is the record holder. None of my parameters has ever been off and I always kept up maintenance on it but my fish have magically gotten sick and died on me. Good luck to you

flops

kiltboy1675

holy cow, i have been looking for those rare chia snails for years. wow, i am shocked where did you get them

Don't have the picture pasting process mastered yet...duh, what time is it??...Click on my gallery for Chia pics...Can't tell where I got them though...its a secret. Selective breeding along with plant fertilizer is the key...

I've got enough clowns in my home as it is..and there is no cycling or blading allowed in the house!!!

I'll wait to see if I kill the corals I ordered before I kill any fish. Tanks been running for 3 months now. Waited til I finished modding the cube before getting any livestock. The order coming today will be my first...a Cleaner, some Sexies and a few prospective hosting corals for the future stars of the cube.

Is there a Flex Capacitor mod available yet?

Originally posted by trumph

Now if I can get the tank up to 88 mph I should have a "back to the future" cube!!

Where was the bartender...er..moderator last night? I was way over my limit for posts (and adult beverages) plus last call should have been around 2:00am. Now that I've read what I typed last night it looks like I had a great time & a few laughs with the board.

SH...I'm not going anywhere...just like to walk the ledge every once in a while. I got talked down when my shipment showed up from LiveAquaria and the daughter unit just kept staring at the corals as they opened. Everything is fine and most corals have already opened...Leather is taking its time though. I wasn't bashing them specifically, I like them too. It was just a overall venting.

NetSurge..rock has been in the tank for over 3 months already, hopefully its enough.

Limulus...if you can't get your tank to take off its because you need a FLUX capacitor...the Flex unit didn't work for me either, or maybe I wired it wrong...dunno.

All else...hope you at least got one smile outta the thread.

And why are my Percs wearing pink boas? If I can only get those two fish out of the closet I might have a decent looking tank!

Archived