Cultivated Reef

what is this?

pishyguy

EtOH_is_good

this is not the right forum for your request. the red algae thing is okay. had similar and never grew in my tank. don't know what the upper left thing is. does it look green? is it growing? in the lower right, i see what looks to be bubble algae. definately get rid of that.

Originally posted by EtOH_is_good

this is not the right forum for your request.  the red algae thing is okay.  had similar and never grew in my tank.  don't know what the upper left thing is.  does it look green?  is it growing?  in the lower right, i see what looks to be bubble algae.  definately get rid of that.

i am not too sure where to put this thread so i put it in the nano forum. the upper left thing feels like a sponge and it does not grow. its like a yellowish green color. i took my tweezers and got rid of the bubble algae though so thanks for the help :)

You should have bought an Emerald Crab to take care of the Bubble Algae - it was really amazing to watch my devour the one bubble I had in my Cube. You risk busting the bubbles when you try to remove it. If you do bust one, you spread spores all over your tank and it goes wild!

Originally posted by sNEIRBO

You should have bought an Emerald Crab to take care of the Bubble Algae - it was really amazing to watch my devour the one bubble I had in my Cube.  You risk busting the bubbles when you try to remove it.  If you do bust one, you spread spores all over your tank and it goes wild!

i think i already bought an emerald crab. i got one from a friend and its green. but it does not pick at the bubble algae. i took tweezers to the bubble algae today. i got most of it but i can still see some green patches

http://www3.telus.net/public/dennisk1/nano/crab.jpg

It took my Emerald Crab about 2 weeks to find the single bubble I had. When he did, he hovered over it for about 5 minutes - looked like he was feeling the currents in the tank - then he attacked it. Within 10 minutes he'd devoured the entire bubble and cleaned the LR completely. No trace of it anywhere when he was done.

Archived