Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Possible MH for Nano-Cube?

aleiodubua

How many of you are putting MH on your 12g Nano Cubes?

For those of you who are, what brand, model, wattage are you using?

Are you completely removing the hood, or integrating it into the hood?

Just wondering, cause I'm thinking of spending the money to get a MH for my cube, if it's resonable/logical.

That's a pretty cool way of going through things, I've been following his thread, and figured out, I'm not as electricly savy as he is. :D Looking for a really easy way to go about things.

Anyone taking off the top and hanging pendants over the cube?

I took off the top of my cube. I made a custom pendant and hung it above the tank. Here's a pic from a couple months back when I cut a 30" hanging pendant down to 13.5" to hang over my cube. It has since been modified with a 70watt 14k metal halide. I actually just finished modding the tank over the weekend and is currently being fresh water tested as I drilled a couple holes in it. It should be up and running with rock and salt tomorrow.

NanoCube008.jpg

I've got a 70w Metal Halide with 28w actinic PC setup on my 12g. I removed the stock hood in favor of a ReefCanopy.com piece. The 70w MH retrofit kit came from Illuming.com. I've got a second 12g that may get the 70w MH treatment under the stock hood(similar to atarmon's).

1006.jpg

Blu50stang... the hood and base were a nice touch. I know most people buy NC's for the nice clean appearence of them stock but in my opinion that looks much classier. I personally prefer the "science project" look.

Thanks SC. I originally wanted the NC because I thought they looked really good in stock form. As you can see, that didn't last long(2 days, in fact). It took me a while to get used to the considerable growth my NC took on when the hood and base were added, but I prefer this look over stock now. As far as the "science project look," I like that too. I actually though about hanging something like an Aqua Medic 70w MH over my NC.

Archived