Top Shelf Aquatics

Help me with ideas for a Pico, please.

RedKnightSpecial

RedKnightSpecial

I used to have a mini-bow 7 when they came out, and had a great time with it. Unfortunately, I had to give it up when I moved cross country. I recently saw some little Aquavase aquariums in the store, and now I have the itch again.

I have a space on my desk roughly 13" high. I am trying to figure out what type of set up to put there. I want it to look neat, and I am not much of a DIY'er. The best ideas I have had so far are either the aforementioned Aquavase, or maybe an Eclipse system 2. (the mini-bow is about 1.5 inches too high)

the Aquavase looks a little too dinky for me, but how much work would I need to do on the Eclipse? Are there any screw in PC bulbs that would fit in it? IF so, would the bio-wheel filtration be adequate? I don't plan on keeping any fish, just so low-light mushroom type stuff and maybe some crbas and/or shrimp.

Any ideas I haven't thought up yet would be great to hear about as well.

A 2.5gAGA should fit in there with a custom hood, or just a sit on top of tank light. If you didn't want to do the hood yourself, I could recomend someone who did a great job on one for me.

RedKnightSpecial

I went back to the store yesterday and the fellow working there let me take the tank out of the box. You can take the tank off the little plastic stand. Without the stand, it is 13.125", which is perfect.

I will buy one of those screw in PC bulbs, they fit the 2.5. It won't be a huge amount of light, but I will be able to keep a mushroom or two, I bet.

Archived