Coral Vue Hydros

Fish selection for a 5.5g

LukeP77

Ok so I went out and did what most people do in this hobby got another tank. Bigger this time.

So now that I got my new tank I was wondering what kind of small fish you guys would suggest. All ideas are welcome.

I also picked up some mushrooms and star polyps on the island, the store had a great price and I couldn't help my self.

Here is the list of what I was considering. Let me know what you all think,

A fire fish

A perc clown

A scooter blenny

A goby of some kind I was thinking of a shrimp goby or a yellow watchman goby.

Now my girl friend wants a very colourful fish, and I just want some thing that will not starve in my tank, and that is fairly hardy.

I will also be getting a peppermint shrimp or 2 in the next couple of days. I have some apestia that I want to get rid of before I add any fish. And since they are small now I figure just get them early.

First off a 5.5 gallon isn't a pico. I wouldn't pick a perc because of the lack of space but I have seen some people house them in a 5 gallon. The others would probably be fine but lets see what everyone else thinks.

Nanomaniac

The Fish that I would pick is a small Gobie like a Clown Gobie. You could do two Peppermints and a small gobie and a few Hermits and Snails, but thats about it. Good Luck.

citron gobies are cute, kinda like the clown goby but chubbier imo. they're a bit comatose tho. so he could be dead a couple of days before you realize it.

i'm kidding. :P

another goby i've recently noticed be available is the eviota type. there's a lot of species but i've seen a transparent with red stripe the most.

BUT, i don't believe their natural life spans are all that long. e.g. the smallest eviota lives a week or so. i don't think you can get one of those tho, so i wouldn't worry. think along a year probably tho.

i like the perc in that tank, a pj cardinal would be crowded in there but they're "colorful". a couple of yellow or blue neon gobies can provide color and movement too.

Wheeler's Watchman Goby

Yellow Watchman Goby

Neon Blue Goby - Tank Bred

Ok so these are my top 3 choices with the Neon Blue goby being number 1 so far.

It says that as a mated pair they would breed, could I get away with 2 of them?

What do you think.

Thanks for all your input, and Tighaboy I think I can get my head in it, but I dint try, I imagines that it would be a really tight squeeze, and defiantly not a pretty site. And Iam not sure how small a tank would be considered a pico or a nano.

Thanks L

get a ywg with a tiger pistol... ive such a pair and they are AWESOME! just look that youve got only big chunks of LR because they tend to move'em

brassmonkey

hopes one fine day will come where fish selection -5g is no longer a topic only coral selection for a 5.5g wishfull thinking, good luck up stream

I like the yellow watchman too. That is my first choice. But my girfrend say's that since I got to upgrade the size of the tank, she got to pic the fish.

I also have some mushrooms in there and some green star polyps. I want to get some more mushrooms, but that is about it.

Would the YWG pair up fairly easily or would I have to find a pair that is together already. And does that go for all shrimp gobys?

And how would the tiger pistol deal with 2 peperment shrimp?

Archived