Cultivated Reef

[STOCK] Agent003

Agent003

I put the corals in about an hour ago and all have been cooperative except the centerpiece avelopora.

This picture is of the tank with a flash, all of the following pictures will have no flash. This picture with the flash is the only one where the shrooms actually show up in a full shot.

The rock design is low to provide the most swimming space as possible. There is a figure 8 rock design in the back with mushroom and avelapora bridges to give the damsel hiding places and also swimming lanes.

There is a gap between the rear rock figure 8 pattern and the front bridge pattern which allows for two more swimming lanes, one between the two rock formations and the other at the front of the tank. The Damsel seems to be loving them.

The chosen corals are all passive non-stinging corals that can be sustained by the low lighting and a little feeding.

Hopefully the pictures will speak for themselves, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Left side of the tank (facing it). Here you can see the swimming lane. On the left are eagle eye zoas, striped mushrooms, and red -blue spot shrooms.

Here the damsel came up to smile for the camera. Making the bridge in the middle is a rock of red, pink, and mint green zoas. It is my Christmas rock. You can see the striped shrooms in the back left a little better, but they seem to be blending into the rock in the pictures.

I love damsels. They are so pretty... espically the blue ones. I would love to put 3 yellow tails in my 20gal. If i could i would put in a whole group in a larger tank. I like that they are agressive .... it means they have personality. And the fact that they arent liked that much just makes me like them more :) good for you Agent003 for using them. your my hero.

I like the zoas, all I can ever find is the brown ones. I guess I will have to break down and buy something off line and pay shipping.

Nice pics!

I bought all my zoas at local stores. I started the hobby by buying a big order online, and everything that supposedly was brilliantly colored was just brown. It just takes a looong time of waiting for something good to come in a jumping on it. The eagle eyes I have, only 1 polyp was open at the fish store because a big sponge had died in the middle of the rock. Once I cleaned it out, I was pleasantly suprised.

Agent003, this is Apex003. Come in... =)

Lookin' good Agent. Your corals are very nice, and that acan colony is huge! How did you get the thing loaded up so fast? I'm still waiting for my nitro cycle to complete before I start stacking in the corals. Are your params all at 0 already? Did you use water from an existing system or cured LR? What's the secret?

Apex003, out.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, sure got all the coral fast! I'm still letting the system mature before adding much other than a fish and some inverts.

• 3 months later...

I realized that I need new bulbs, and saw that nanotuners was out of stock on the 18w 50/50. I guess everyone had the same idea at the same time.

Archived