Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

How many lbs of LR rubble should i put in my 12 DX?

mdrumm

Thanks in advance for your help. I am able to order Live Rock rubble for the price of shipping for my 12 nano cube DX. How many lbs of the stuff should i get to put in the filter? I have removed the sponges and balls from the back. Thanks again.

Nanorl20,

Nearly everyone removes the bio balls and ceramic rings from the back of their nano cubes because they can have an adverse affect on water chemistry (nitrates). The sponges can also become "nitrate factories" if they aren't cleaned regularly. HTH.

What exit ; )

Jake

oh ok i see there using it as it was a fuge and puting LS and LR in there. I also remove all the filter media to but made a 20 gallon fuge,realy sick but i wont call it a fuge becuase now is just as nice a the display tank. this is what it is i have cut a hole in my closet in my room and put the 12 dx out it and took out all the filter medai and cut a 4 inch wide hole in the back of the dx and it skims to the 20 long that is powered by a Skilter which is a new product out that is shaped like a power fiter but it is realy a protien skimmer and also there is a part in the the 20 that is blocked of from the living section on the left side that is a drip filter with live sand on each tray (made it my self) and the water drips throug the sand and is finaly colleet by my azoo powerhead 1200 and put back into the 12 g dx. know you guys gave me and idea on what to put in the empty dx filter i just make a mini fuge by adding LR and LS thanks for the idea and like i even need that lol.

Archived