ReefCleaners.org

The Nimble is Back!

C Jerome

RP, I am not sure where you are going with this, but yes if any two mangets slam together it is possible to cause damage to the magnets and or what happens to be inbetween them at the time.

The 10.68 is a gross number per side and the 42.76 is for a new Nimble that I have yet to really name, possible the Nimble Magnus, the super falls some where inbetween.

Jerome

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

XP, I will have to stay away from that, it makes me think of windows (I am a mac user)

Winniebagel

I am in the final stages of testing, I need to make one change before I make a few of them to sell. I will post when they are ready.

Jerome

I received the wonderful Nimble yesterday. Since I've been anxiously waiting for it after getting your email that you sent it last week, Murphy's Law would have it come just as I was rushing out of the house. I was so disappointed that I didn't get to try it right away. The minute I came home I opened the package and tried it out. Wow! Our 24g Nano Cube has never looked cleaner. I love being able to get by the liverocks that are only 1/2" away from the glass. No more sticking my hands in the tank with a toothbrush trying to scrub those areas! This is definitely a must-have product! Thanks!

Okay, I am ready to buy one. However, I have one question. How well do the magnets on the super nimble hold together on a 15 gallon acrylic tank with 3/8" thick walls? I might have to go with the magnus.

The Nimble super should be good for your tank, the Nimble Magnus is very very strong and would be to much for your application. Let me know.

Jerome

I had just remeasured my acrylic today and found out the side walls are actually 2/8" thick, the the top brace is actually 3/8".

Sending payment.

• 2 weeks later...

My new black super nimbe is great! you can barely see it in the tank, and it even took off some small pieces of corraline on the glass - very cool stuff - thanks C ;)

I've had mine for a while and I still enjoy using it! It works great!

I am thinking of getting one for my car so I can clean the bugs off of my car's windshield for fun. :)

Happy to hear the Nimble has worked so well for both of you!

I am just setting my 2.5 gallon tank(for which I invented the Nimble) back up after moving it up to school and cant wait to break out the Nimble prototype and put it back to work.

C. Jerome

Archived