inTank Media Baskets

New tank stand design

selch

I put my ideas into Visio. As you can see from my diagrams to my pictures there was some heavy modifications. For the most part my diagrams are just to give me a general idea - I pretty much built this on the fly according to the space considerations of my equipment. Looking back at my original diagrams, I kind of laugh at myself for trying to shoe horn in all that gear - its plenty tight the way it is now without all those drawers I thought were going to fit. ;)

tip on the power supply: computer power supplies turn on by recieving a signal from the motherboard. Without a motherboard you'll need to use a paperclip to jump two connectors on the motherboard jack on the powersupply to give it that signal. Its really easy and you won't get electrocuted - just lookup the type of supply you have on Google and find what two you need to jump. If you use a Micro ATX like I did, email/pm me and I can tell you what you need to do.
I just did the same. Instead of using a paperclip, I opened up the PS and soldered the two wires together. Then I used the soldering iron to remove any unused wires from the circuit board. It turned out really clean!
Originally posted by Cellenzweig

I just did the same.  Instead of using a paperclip, I opened up the PS and soldered the two wires together.  Then I used the soldering iron to remove any unused wires from the circuit board.  It turned out really clean!

That sounds sweet. Too bad I'm too lazy to do the same - although I hate having that bundle of wires making my neat and tidy stand all messy - even though you'll never see them. Maybe I'll do the same if I get uber motivated.

I'm lazy too. I originally cut the wires and planned to tape them up with electrical tape. I decided to remove the wires all together only after realizing I didn't have any more tape.

Originally posted by Cellenzweig

I'm lazy too.  I originally cut the wires and planned to tape them up with electrical tape.  I decided to remove the wires all together only after realizing I didn't have any more tape.

Now that's funny. I like your style.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived