Innovative Marine Aquariums

Garf Grunge hitchhiker - ID?

Animal Lover

Animal Lover

I ordered some Garf Grunge for my tank well over a month ago. I saw this thing when I was putting it into my tank, and I *assumed* that it was some kind of dead coral skeleton. I thought it looked different, which is why I noticed it. I honestly hadn't paid it much attention since, as it is in a back corner of the tank behind the LR and next to an old hermit crab shell.

I was algae-scraping the tank and noticed that it was in a different place, it is bigger, and the tenticle-thingys are swaying in the current! It is small, maybe 1 to 1 and a half inches across. I managed to get a half-decent pic. I am *not* an invert person and I have no clue what this thing is! It must be hardy because it hasn't died yet and I have given it no attention (no special feeding, etc). The only other inhabitants of the tank are 2 baby O. clown fish.

There is a shell in the background that makes it look bigger than it is, so keep that in mind.

What the heck is it?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh!!!

that's not aptaisia!

cool, that would be a free hitchhiker coral.

It's a baby leather coral.

they are hard to indentify that small, but it could be a umbrella leather or something along that line.

Animal Lover

Ok, pardon my ignorance :o) but since I'm a fish person, and NOT an invert person...what the heck do I do to keep it alive?

Animal Lover

So is this one of the light feeding corals? LOL I really am totally ignorant when it comes to inverts. It's been in there for at least a month and it has gotten bigger/is still alive, so I must be doing something right (?)

ha ha, the person who registered "jun 2005" is telling bk he is a newbie

ha ha ha

take your own adivise: "figures, all the newbs try to answer on here like you" "All pretending like you know"

brian19365

oh, lgreen has something to add......... tell me barbie two

what is the calculation for xfactor in an x enviroment?

Archived