Cultivated Reef

[OPEN] jmt.

jmt

You're welcome sir.

I thought I'd go ahead and post my objectives for the contest.

I am competing in this contest not for the sole purpose of winning any prizes, but to express the majority of my ideas that I have yet to see utilized on any nano cube.

My hope is that by sharing what I have come up with, I will help to advance those who choose the nano cube as their nano tank.

My plan is to use materials and products that are readily available to people here in the US.

I do not intend to spend excessive amounts of money on customized products that not everyone can afford.

My hope is that I am able to keep a large degree of reproducibility in my project so that others are able to share in my ideas.

I will not disclose what I have in mind at this time since this thread will be kept in boundries I feel are necessary for this competition.

As time passes, and I am happy with my results, I will post pictures of what I have completed.

Simultaneously, I will keep documentation of my work and post a full write-up to the best of my ability in the DIY section once the final result has been revealed.

Finally, I hope that I have fun expressing my ideas and that the members here on this forum will enjoy reading and keeping track of my progress, finding the knowledge I present to be helpful in some form or fashion.

-jmt

C'mon, sing it with me now in your best Waylon voice.

Just the good ol’ boys,

Never meanin’ no harm,

Beats all you’ve ever saw, been in trouble

With the law since the day they was born.

Straightnin’ the curves,

Flatnin’ the hills.

Someday the mountain might get ‘em,

But the law never will.

Makin’ their way,

The only way they know how,

That’s just a little bit more

Than the law will allow.

Just good ol’ boys,

Wouldn’t change if they could,

Fightin’ the system like

a true modern day Robin Hood.

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by jmt

Finally, I hope that I have fun expressing my ideas and that the members here on this forum will enjoy reading and keeping track of my progress, finding the knowledge I present to be helpful in some form or fashion.

Ummm.....

What progress?

Read wha......t?

Knowledge? hmmm..... WHERE??????

• 3 weeks later...

To tell the truth, I am kind of nervous to complete the ideas I had for the cube and the contest.

With all the cubes cracking and the recent responses by JBJ, my motivation for pouring time, effort, and money into this project is dwindling.

To make matters worse, my tank has a scratch on the inside corner. At least, I hope it's a scratch.

I will probabaly complete the hood I have been working on and put it over the tank. At which time, I'll let the cube run freshwater for a week or so to test the extremes of my lighting configuration and wether or not the cube is going to hold up to my planned modifications.

I will post a picture of the "scratch" tonight so everyone can take a look.

-jmt

• 4 weeks later...

Archived