Top Shelf Aquatics

Theerree HEEERE!!! 2005- 24g DX

ccjung

That's a good question. I would say that it could likely be done, but the benefits gained by doing this would be minimal. The reason is that the wall that is molded into the hood is "tapered" and as a result the splash guard is as well. What this means is that there is a specific hole pattern that would have to match up and I know for sure some of these holes won't match once you get to the "tapered" section. Also, even if you did put a '05 splash guard on an '04 hood, you would still have gaping open holes towards the rear of the hood where the splash guard wouldn't cover because of the "taper".

I haven't personally tried the new splash guard on the old hood so everything I've said above is an "educated speculation".

Hey Chis,

I just wanted to touch base with you to see if you ever received the e-mail I resent you about a month back about the possibility of adding this float valve to my 24g before you ship it out. The first time I sent it, you replied stating that the link didn't work. Anyway, if you never received it, here’s the link. I know you said that the filter on you e-mail is pretty strict, and I do own my own domain for my e-mail. Let me know if you think this might be something you could add to the tank, preferably drilled from the back. Thanks... Dave

no prob. I think were still a little out (week+). So we have time to get parts.

I'll look at this and get back to you dave doggy dog.

Chris

Dual 70s seems kind of redundant. And please don't spit off rhetoric about customization options as far as lighting scenarios are concerned.

Chris, I'll be happy to bat around ideas for a 150w DE with you.

the idea between the dual 70w setup is that they will be placed longitudinally (like a RWD car's motor).

2 of them to give most coverage for the top half of the tank.

The theory behind the 150 is a single, intense source for deep penetration into the water.

I would almost classify it as:

dual 70s = SPS machine

single 150 = Clam machine

You want your clams in the sand, and sps with lots of intense light in the upper half.

my 0.02

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Chris! For those of us with 24's still in one piece, how are the new hoods coming along? Any fully completed/shipped?

Rob

Rob-

Im getting the prototypes made and waiting to confirm it will fit. I will be keeping everyone in the loop, but these things unfortunately take time.... I will be coming out with a big statement once things solidify.

Chris

Archived