Pod Your Reef

Freshwater Discussion.

eferna

Chris I guess you are the one that would address this the most. What do you think about having a freshwater section in the forums. I know that this is a nano site, but a lot of us keep freshwater fish too and love showing pics. Maybe a poll would help?? hmmmm

Personally, I don't see a need for a seperate section. Why don't you just post your pics in the lounge? It for off topic,non nano stuff(like fw tanks).

You see if you think about it the "lounge" is a sub-category under the "Nano category" which makes it a nano section, so a section for Freshwater would still be an off topic section, but an entire new section.  I think it would just be easier to have a seperate section for freshwater rather than putting it into " the lounge" .This would give the website diversity.

Quote: from eferna on 9:06 pm on June 4, 2002[br]You see if you think about it the "lounge" is a sub-category under the "Nano category" which makes it a nano section, so a section for Freshwater would still be an off topic section, but an entire new section.  I think it would just be easier to have a seperate section for freshwater rather than putting it into " the lounge" .This would give the website diversity.

Read the discription for the lounge. It says "A place to hang out and discuss 'OFF SUBJECT' topics." Freshwater is off subject at a nano site. Therefore fw posts should be in that forum.

(Edited by JIM27 at 9:17 pm on June 4, 2002)

Well yeah i know what the lounge means and what has to be posted, but I still think that there can be enough posts for freshwater to make it a different section entirley. Is there any harm done in having another section??

Well this is my own opinion. We all have our rights to our own opinion. You have a chance to say what you want, so dont compain when others do.

i dont know if i like the idea of a fw section. if we do this what is to stop us from then setting up a fw lighting section...or general discussion an so on...i think the lounge is as good of place as any.

I agree that FW shouldn't get its own section.  This is after all a SW board.  There are plenty of great sites to post about FW like www.aquahobby.com .  

okay, I guess I loose. But you know what I will not go down without fighting...hehe.

Why should we sell ourselfs short. By that I mean. You want people to come to your site and stay there. By telling them that they can go to another place and put their freshwater talks is selling yourself short.

I know where all you guys are coming from though. I can understand that this will never end and people will want a new section up every week.

Oh well....This is my 2 cents

Quote: from eferna on 10:25 pm on June 4, 2002[br]okay, I guess I loose. But you know what I will not go down without fighting...hehe.

Why should we sell ourselfs short. By that I mean. You want people to come to your site and stay there. By telling them that they can go to another place and put their freshwater talks is selling yourself short.

I know where all you guys are coming from though. I can understand that this will never end and people will want a new section up every week.

Oh well....This is my 2 cents

I don't see how it would be selling ourselfs short. Chris set up this site to be a place for nanoreefers to get together and learn about nano reefing, which he did. Making a fw forum here would be like making one at the Saltwaterfish.com mb.

Christopher Marks

I agree that freshwater topics should be kept in the lounge.  A lot of members keep freshwater tanks, as well as nano reefs though.  Perhaps in the future when there is more interest I can set up a subforum in the lounge for other tank discussion.

well I just wanted to get my idea across and how I think. I understand that the freshwater discussions should not be in the nano section and I will post them in the lounge section from now on.

Archived