Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

How do YOU prepare for a waterchange?

FireFish21

Originally posted by Chronicles

This coming from a guy who mixes his own salt? using kent? and a hydrometer? suffocating the fish? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it wasn't the water. :-*

:D OWNED :D

i'm thinking about having my gf pick me up a box when she gets off of work today to give it a second chance. i'll test everything before i put it into my tank and let you know the results!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
outtafocus

If you test the water once you get it home, and it tests to have nitrates and phosphates, will Petco take it back?

Like it really matters, because I dont have Petco in Canada and I also dont have Catalina water available either. I am just asking a question on behalf of everyone.

artarmon42

Did my weekly maintenance this afternoon, and put in ~2 gallons of Catalina. Incredible polyp extension! Definitely corals seem to appreciate it!

Sadly I am now out of my Catalina (heh, went through that 5G box in less than 1 week). Will have to pick up another box this weekend...

artarmon42

Heh, no I typically change 1-2G per week.

But I was so excited about Catalina that I did multiple changes this week :P

Petco Online free shipping if you spend 50 bucks or more. Free Shipping - NO WEIGHT LIMITS - $50 purchase or more! Might be a good idea to get your cata water now aye!

Well I received my 8 boxes of Catalina...

8Catalina.JPG

I still can't believe I got free shipping! Was expecting them to cancel my order :-*

Anyway, I've been busy with work so I haven't been online too much.

Also my custom nano just arrived, so this weekend I was busy "customizing" it. Will post more pictures in a different thread, but thought I'd share some shots that you'd all appreciate :pirate:

cn-new-fans.JPG

cn-shimmer.JPG

gedemeister81dk

The environmental hysterics, say it is impossible, but fish caught here are perfectly fine to eat, been diving also and seeing it…

Phosphates and nitrates are bad ( refugeum/ fixes that right), but can be removed!

I do not believe in pathogens, if any, seawater adds diversity, blank tonic food and is the perfect salt mixture.

Nothing beats the real deal!

Go natural if you can, sea-water beats salt-water ;)

• 2 weeks later...
NotGumbelWV
Originally posted by Chronicles

aka east bumblef**k

Hey, I'm so far back in the sticks, I need to go towards town just to get to East Bumblef**k ... :P

Archived