Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Mike's 2.5 gal pico

rccrsmike

Hey folks, thought I'd post some pics of my 2.5 gal. It's been up and running for about a month now. Here are the specs:

2.5 gallon AGA

4 lbs Fiji Live rock

~8 lbs argonite sand

Aquaclear 300 HOB refugium mod

2 x 18watt pc 50/50

Custom hood and base made out of 1/2 poplar

80 mm computer case fan for hood flow

I'm starting fresh as far as learning the names of specific coral and whatnot. I have some green polpys(?) that aren't quite opening up yet. Sometimes I see about a handful of them open up for a few hours, and sometimes it's only one. I hear they take some time to acclimate. If you can help me id em more specifically that would be great.

My toadstool leather is doing fine and dandy after being in the tank for only 1 day. But anyways, more to come soon.

14390reef_013_resize-med.jpg

14390reef_012_resize-med.jpg

14390reef_008_resize-med.jpg

14390reef_010_resize-med.jpg

14390reef_003_resize-med.jpg

Yeah, I'm leaving for a trip in a few days. When I get back, I plan on adding some more. I haven't decided yet. Depends how much money I come back with :)

I made my 2.5 hood and base from poplar wood as well. Its soft as all heck, but after the clear coat it was purdy sturdy. I am debating as to a AC300 fuge of a divider in tank. hmmmmm I guess more water would be available with the 300 but less evaporation with the divider(the tank is completly covered with glass)

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, poplar is a tad on the soft side. After I sealed it, it did stiffen up. I would go with the AC300. If something goes wrong with the filtering area, you don't have to mess with the entire tank and compromise the inhabitants.

Here are some new pics after I got back from vacation. The gsp are taking off. I was starting to worry about those guys. The leather is getting huge in my tank as well.

14390gsp_resize-med.jpg

14390toad_stool_resize-med.jpg

14390tank_061505_resize-med.jpg

Archived