Innovative Marine Aquariums

[STOCK] InuYasha

crrichey

Edit: I have decided to go for the STOCK contest instead, after looking the aquarium over. I really like the way it is now, and the hood will help cut back on evaporation!

Thanks, I will definatly need al the luck I can get. Right now I am working on creating a nice 3-ring binder of contest information, equipment, livestock, water test checklist, etc.

InuYasha, just stopping to say good luck! You seem very competitive, yet very courteous to the other contestants. I wish I could enter the contest, but I'm in the process of setting up my 12 gallon cube. Is it part of your strategy to give others your plans? If I were you I wouldn't let anything leak until the final unveiling...I like surprizes.

Good Luck -T

I have absolutely no problem letting people know what I am doing. I am doing this for the fun of it, gives me a good excuse to start another aquarium. If I win, then hey, thats awsome, but I am more interested in people knowing what kind of work and good planning I put into this aquarium than just a pretty picture at the end. :D

BTW, thanks for the encouragment, it is welcome!

Mmmm, I love veggies!!! I should be ordering the aquarium tomorrow, along with some mixed veggies for dinner/aquarium.

Got the aquarium ordered. For anyone that has not order theirs yet, you need to know that Chris on nanotuners.com has lowered the price to $79.99 and that the coupon will NOT work anymore.

I just recieved my Nanocube! Like literally the guy woke me up at 10:00AM with the doorbell. Of course, I have the whole day off and no camera to take the begining photo X) I have to wait until my mom comes home from work with a camera(AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW). I have the liverock and sand sitting right here, ready to go....... Also, after looking the aquarium over, I might actually go for the STOCK portion instead. I really like it the way it is, that and the hood will decrease the evaporation (which here in AZ is REALLY bad).

looks good... not sure about the substrate, I had used some like that before and once algae takes hold... it looks gross. But keep up the good work and updates.

Here is after I added some macor algae (:o , macro in the display!!!)

Dsc00291.jpg

Here is a frag of sinularia sp. after 10 minutes

Dsc00292.jpg

Macro close up

Dsc00293.jpg

front

Dsc00294.jpg

and right side

Dsc00295.jpg

This is a picture from today

Dsc00300.jpg

Enjoy

:)

Actually, this clump came from my 29-gallon. It is fairly slow growing in there. I want it to get a good foot-hold. It is going to be a good portion of the display, however, I plan on pruning it whenever nessesary. Should help keep the system stable.

even though you're my competition, Im going to agree with mr. bush. Do be careful with the grape calurpa. That stuff is a menace and will totally destroy your tank. The other stuff is nice though. We will have similar looking tanks, young one.

GRAPE CAULERPA in the TANK!!! YIKES!

Those thing are nasty and really easy to go sexual! Once it does, your water will be nice green. Also you might have hundreds of "grapes" rolling around your tank! I love the macro look but may be you should take out caulerpa.

Looks great though!

Young one ??? Why do you say the grape caulerpa will "totally destroy" my tank? It wasn't a problem in th other ;)

BKtomodachi

I'm with you, Inu. I like caulerpa, and as long as you remove partial amounts eveyr now and then, it isnt a problem, really.

Well, just a little non-photo update. My caulerpa is doing great, both grape and the other. My sinularia is really starting to take off, and the button polyps are starting to spread (originally 3 polyps, now have 5). Odd thing is that the polyps are not the same color as in my 29 gal. These are almost white, like they bleached or something, yet they are still growing??? Oh well, anyways, I also have a yellow-tail damsel, he has the aquarium all to himself (how many taboos am I going to break you say? ;) ). I have been feeding the aquarium special coral food formula (I don't remember the brand as it is no longer in the original container, it is dark orange and a powder). At night the corals are even larger than during the day, must really like the food, lol!

Archived