inTank Media Baskets

Starting New Nano - Advice Please!

Vixyswillie

Vixyswillie
Quote: from SLOreefer on 12:23 am on June 5, 2002[br]...with the two fans blowing i would recommend some type of auto topoff system.

Kinda figured I'd probably have to go there. :) Thanks for that link on the DIY auto-top off for your friend's 7g bow. Looks like a simple enough system hooked up to that HOB filter.

That guy is putting a 150w HQI on his 7g???! And here's me worrying that the 75 was going to be too MUCH light! ROLLING....

Vixyswillie
Quote: from HuBu on 1:05 am on June 5, 2002[br]wow MH over a nano, especially a 7 gal. you would be able to keep anything you want... HOB filters are great for nano... you can just run the HOB filter without floss and have it for surface circulation... yeah people at RC are weird.

This guy - http://www.mistressreef.homestead.com/file...ico/bonzai.html - currently has a 2x32 PC setup on his 7g bow, but says he'd actually prefer the HQI. I'm hoping it will work well, too.

Looks like the HBO is winning out - perhaps in combo with one of those mini-jets with spraybar for the bottom.

Well... can't exactly say the folks at rc are weird but let's just say I've not found a lot of them to be all "warm and fuzzy" like almost everybody is here. :) There are certainly some very friendly people there, but I get the sense that there are more "cliques," too. Maybe I'm just being oversensitive... I dunno.

Thanks for the post, HuBu.

(Edited by Vixyswillie at 6:35 am on June 5, 2002)

Vixyswillie
Quote: from NanoReefer53 on 1:42 am on June 5, 2002[br]Here's a pic of my top-off system.

Thanks for the pic! Can you describe yours a bit more?? It's hard for me to see clearly how you have it setup.

Archived