Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Nano Cube 6 gal

coralcrazy

coralcrazy

Hey guys,

I just want to find something to do with my nano cube, any mods i could do to my tank to make it better, it is a 6gal nano cube, the lighting suxs, i really want to upgrade, the bioballs are a joke... any mods that could make it look like a real tank!!

well i just got my nano but ive done 3 things so far: 1. i got rid of the stock moonlights and rewired my own leds that fit where the old ones are and have their own power cord so i can use them and put them on a timer. 2. i changed out the stock powerhead for an aquaclear 301 that was in my big reef tank (made a pretty noticable difference and fit perfectly in the back compartment). 3. i did the cassette tape case skimmer mod - which is working great so far. hope that gives you some ideas - im looking to upgrade the pc lighting (maybe an additional 18w PC?) but im not sure what will or wont fit in there yet.

sir winston,

that 70w MH retro link is for a 12g cube, not a 6g. Would be very different and much more difficult and dangerous to put a 70w MH in a 6g NC.

artarmon42

I'm almost tempted to buy a 6G just so I can see how different it would be :P

Anyone want to sponsor the experiment?

And I won't be keeping the tank (wife's orders), so the sponsor can have the modded cube back (without warranty of any kind, of course).

Archived