Top Shelf Aquatics

yet another 24G NC [pic] [56k a ok!]

ashburn

ok got the tank few weeks ago, basically most stuffs were moved in from my old 12G NC [still for sale !! pm me for a local pick up in DC], most LRs are from my old 20g nano at home.

9339KN1K4974.jpg

the begining..

9339KN1K4977.jpg

office view, notice the portable AC on the right, it comes handy during a hot day :) dirty tank.. i know, it takes time for water to clear up.

9339KN1K4975.jpg

surface skimming test

9339KN1K4976.jpg

you've gotta love the rush of that over flow :)

ok those are old pictures, now for the latest update

ok... cant submit 8+ photos in a single post.. damn..

9339KN1K4983.jpg

my gettho fan mod.. it really pulls a lot of hot air !!

9339KN1K4985.jpg

not so pretty inside... :D

9339KN1K4986.jpg

notice the teeth of overflow are now gone, due to the rush of water feed from my 2 pumps, it'd over flow my tank in the front before water can flow to the back. i would find my snails in the 2nd chamber which hosts LR, no beggie, they can go anywhere they want :)

9339KN1K4987.jpg

the splash cover, or say.. the cover to prevent any fish to jump over to my 1st and 3rd chamber, which i would not want to see what happens if my fishes are ending up there... them 24g NC back chambers are @#$$@#% deep..

anyway, ATO is attatched to the bottom of 3rd chamber. also this prevents any salt creeps to craw over the back of NC, which is pita to clean on my 12g NC.

9339KN1K4990.jpg

a closer look at the cover

now move on...

9339KN1K4988.jpg

the lights! 4x32w PC, thanks to nanocustoms for their execlent stuffs :)

9339KN1K4989.jpg

the water movement on the surface is amazing. i wonder how a 70W MH would look over the water movement like this.. ummmm....

9339KN1K4991.jpg

now the back chamber. as u can see, i took off the plastic sleves that were glued to the back, i can see how everything in the back, the sponges is there to stop the bubbles to form from the rushing waters from overflow.

that's it boys and girls B)

Those are some awesome mods--that surface skimmer seems to be working great. It'd be such a perfect setup if you went with a MH retro instead...I can just imagine how crazy the shimmer would be underwater o.O...props to yas...keep us updated.

very cool indeed. I have a goby that loves to jump in that back chamber. I need to get a cover like that to keep him from doing that. I do wonder, if he did try and jump, wouldn't it just get stuck on top of the plastic and die? Or with the added piece, it makes it taller where something like that can't even happen. (like they jump miss, and bounce back?)

oh um.... gee now u are making me wonder what if my fish jumps and just lay there... maybe i should add some slim wax or oil so they would slip back to the main tank? LOL anyway more pic..

9339KN1K4997.jpg

9339KN1K4993.jpg

9339KN1K5002.jpg

now hush ppl, im only keeping this happy boy here until i get a larger tank in the new house :)

do i see a yellow tang in your 24 cube (pics in gallery)?

The tang police have just put out a warrent for your butt-kicking

No web guy, lgreen is asking if it's the same tank as the poster or if it is yours.

Lgreen that's web_guy's tank, not the posters...it's not the same tank. The poster has a yellow tang...web_guy has a blue one.

thanks for clarifying rbaby.

thats funny, i say the poster is due for a butt kicking and what does web_guy do?...posts a pic of his tank with a tang.

dork. (j/k web_guy)

ok just got bunch of new animals in, more pic later when the tank clears up.. just fed them and things are flying everywhere in the tank :)

oh i got more tang :D

j/k

fluidimagery
Originally posted by dragon79

very cool indeed.  I have a goby that loves to jump in that back chamber.  I need to get a cover like that to keep him from doing that.  I do wonder, if he did try and jump, wouldn't it just get stuck on top of the plastic and die?  Or with the added piece, it makes it taller where something like that can't even happen.  (like they jump miss, and bounce back?)

I had done that same plexi glass mod to cover the back chambers after my clown and both my yasa hashe gobies ended up back there. Then I had the same thought that the fish would probably die if it were to get on the top of the plexi. My resolution was using Weather Stripping from Home Depot fatting stuff I could find. I cut it in half (horizontally), doubled it up and lined it up with the back wall. Problem Solved, also good if you have a fuge light to prevent light splashing over. I can take pics if anyone needs.

Originally posted by fluidimagery

I had done that same plexi glass mod to cover the back chambers after my clown and both my yasa hashe gobies ended up back there. Then I had the same thought that the fish would probably die if it were to get on the top of the plexi.  My resolution was using Weather Stripping from Home Depot fatting stuff I could find.  I cut it in half (horizontally), doubled it up and lined it up with the back wall.  Problem Solved,  also good if you have a fuge light to prevent light splashing over.  I can take pics if anyone needs.

Yes, I think pics would be good for those who have decided to add fuge lights in the back.

fluidimagery

The Fuge light is in the mail. But just use your imagination. I plan on using the left and middle compartments for fuge.

sw_weather1.jpg

sw_weather2.jpg

I'll redo it a little cleaner, but it's functioning fine for now and can't be seen from the tank.

That weather stipping looks great, looks like it'll do the trick just nicely. It comes with that foam as well? Let me know, I need to fix that in my tank. It's starting to get real old for me to take the little goby out of there.

fluidimagery
Originally posted by dragon79

That weather stipping looks great, looks like it'll do the trick just nicely.  It comes with that foam as well?  Let me know, I need to fix that in my tank. It's starting to get real old for me to take the little goby out of there.

The weather stripping comes in a roll with an adhesive side on the foam. Just look for weather stripping, you'll see what I'm talking about. Good Luck

Archived