Cultivated Reef

Tank is here and started!

BoraBora

Well my Larnie Edition is up and running from Nanocustoms. Can't say enough about the cube and Chris' workmanship. Top Notch and A1 just don't seem to be enough praise.

I had to wait for the stand to arrive so I couldn't set it up until last night and no pics since it was a mini sandstorm.

I'll post some later today for some feedback on the aquascaping and might throw in a couple of pictures of the 6g NC that is starting to come along nicely with a few little bits in it now.

Here is a shot of the new Larnie Edition as its started it cycle. Any thoughts on the Aquascaping? Suggestions?

14560100_0786.jpg

Thanks!

Bora,

Glad you like it... Theres 1 Correction to your statement however...

Since around the begining of April, I've hired a talented craftsman named Nick (nickeleye on n-r.com) and he has been performing as my "ACE" when it comes to modding the cubes, allowing me to focus on product development.

I'm glad you enjoy your setup, and hope your venture into the NC world will be fun.

Let me know if you have any questions...

Chris

BoraBora - I see you have the ever dreaded surface scum. I highly recommend implimenting a surface skimmer into your tank to clear things up. Adding another return would also probably be a good idea depending on the flow you want in the tank. If you wanted to add an additional return I'd suggest doing the mod before adding any life to the tank. I learned the hard way. My tank was fully stocked when I did the mod. Nothing bad happened, but operating an electric drill over a fully stocked tank isn't exactly smart or easy.

Glad you like your tank so far.

Originally posted by ccjung

a talented craftsman named Nick (nickeleye on n-r.com) and he has been performing as my "ACE"

...the apprentice

TANK LOOKS GREAT (too bad it's not a 6g ;P)

Ayup . . . moved the one rock over a bit to get a clear shot at all the glass.

The surface scum was the sand crud even after a nice washing. I upgraded the pump so that the overflow mod did its job better and the top is clear now.

As for the 6g? Got one of those too . . . just started mine over a month ago and that might disqualify it from the contest :P

Thanks for the input all . . .

Archived