Innovative Marine Aquariums

Maryland Area Trading Post

Newbie527

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone interested in some of these yumas?

yes...yes i am....

for trade, i may have some zoanthids...

...or if you're willing to sell...let me know..

Anyone interested in some of these yumas?

-pic-

Bobalouy! Don't forget me, I contacted you a long time ago wanting one of those yumas ;)

Please let me know if you're willing to ship (to Salisbury, MD - not far) and sell (since I don't really have anything to trade yet.. unless you're interested in a Pipe Organ frag).

I'm thinking $30 for 1-1.5" Single Polyps. They get pretty big and split fast once happy. The mother is about 5".

I can ship but I've never done it befor, since you're so close I can probably ship Fedex ground and it should get there next day no problem.

I'm thinking $30 for 1-1.5" Single Polyps. They get pretty big and split fast once happy. The mother is about 5".

I can ship but I've never done it befor, since you're so close I can probably ship Fedex ground and it should get there next day no problem.

Can I pick one up?

what conditions /parameters do you have them in right now?

I am in Jacksonville.

Can I pick one up?

what conditions /parameters do you have them in right now?

I am in Jacksonville.

Yeah thats fine and not to far away. They do great in my nanocube DX with stock lighting, and I also have some in frag tank that just uses natural sunlight.

Yeah thats fine and not to far away. They do great in my nanocube DX with stock lighting, and I also have some in frag tank that just uses natural sunlight.

ok well let me know what you want to do. I am off all this week.

I have some Nice eagle eyes for trade. Looking for other nice polyps or ricordia. If anyone interested PM me. I will not ship. I live around White Marsh, but willing to meet in places around Baltimore County and Carroll County.

post-21871-1155608703_thumb.jpg

mrongi1

are you selling those? if yes how much? im willing to drive up and pick it up. Im in gaithersburg now looking for stuffs to add to my new 25gal.

As of now Im not looking to sell. I looking to trade for others. But check back in a month or 2 because so far I havent really heard from to many people. But I still want to see what others are willing to trade. But let me no about how many you are lookin for and Ill try to grow somemore in the meantime.

• 3 weeks later...

I know this isn't about trading but - Marylanders-

I am doing a guy a favor...well just a hobbyist trying to help a new LFS.

Marine Dreams opened up in Bel Air in May and I managed to stop in there today while in the area (and I saw "MARINE" and bright fish lights...couldn't just keep driving...don't tell my bosses).

Nice fish and tanks...obviously still pretty clean since they're still pretty new.

a few nice corals and decent prices (comparatively).

Decent prices on supplies too.

they are on Churchville road in Bel Air.

On a similar note...while i was looking for a place to each lunch i saw ..I believe it was called "Neptune’s" pet store in some bel air shopping center.

I figured I'd have to stop in there too...(see why I don't get any work done during the day and this was actually before I saw Marine Dreams).

well i'll put it like this...my momma always said if you can't say anything nice don't say anything...

Well here is what I have to say - .............................

Try cleaning your tanks. I'd rather go to Petco " Where the dead fish go" rather than that place. Wow.

sorry if the owner gets on here and reads that but that is some criticism you should use to improve your slop bucket.

bucknellreefer

Marine Dreams opened up in Bel Air in May and I managed to stop in there today while in the area (and I saw "MARINE" and bright fish lights...couldn't just keep driving...don't tell my bosses).

Marine dreams is a nice shop, I stopped out there when they first opened and the people seemed really nice. Sucks being back at school... I don't know where the fish stores are and i can't get things shipped to me!

marine dreams is a nice place, i used to work with the owners ray and jason when they were at exotic aquatics....unfortunately their livestock is flying out the doors right now and they are still finishing up construction on a few systems, in a few months they will be fully stocked and rolling.

On a similar note...while i was looking for a place to each lunch i saw ..I believe it was called "Neptune’s" pet store in some bel air shopping center.

I figured I'd have to stop in there too...(see why I don't get any work done during the day and this was actually before I saw Marine Dreams).

well i'll put it like this...my momma always said if you can't say anything nice don't say anything...

Try cleaning your tanks. I'd rather go to Petco " Where the dead fish go" rather than that place. Wow.

sorry if the owner gets on here and reads that but that is some criticism you should use to improve your slop bucket.

The same can be said about Salisbury Super Pet over here on the eastern shore. It's sad that I actually buy my freshwater fish at PetSmart rather than a local store, and saltwater is just out of the question. Just walking in the saltwater aisle is sad. They get lots of fish and a lot of turnover, but I honestly can't imagine any of it being from sales. You can stand there and watch the fishes slowly die. I think they have stock 6500k 17 watt flourescent over their "coral tank" (if you could call it that) and the only things that aren't dieing are button polyps. They actually have a decent sized colony of PE polyps that I almost want to buy just to see what they color up to become.

I just don't understand how they can even afford to just keep buying and killing saltwater fishes. I'd love to test their water one day.

Nice fish and tanks...obviously still pretty clean since they're still pretty new.

a few nice corals and decent prices (comparatively).

Decent prices on supplies too.

they are on Churchville road in Bel Air.

you know, funny you mention neptune's den....i applied there a few months back right after i left petco (if anyone in the area remembers the 9 months it was a great place to buy fish from) and talked the owner and told him what i was all about and that i could turn his store around and he told me he was not interested......neptune's disappoints me, the owner is obviously not in the business to make a good aquatic clientel. i only go there for crickets when petsmart is out.

• 2 months later...
Anyone close to the DC area that wants to swap frags or willing to sell. Looking for a nice ricordea or nice zoas ?

I have a lot of neon greens and fire & Ice zoas for trade. I also have a bunch of regular greens and a few dragon's eyes zoas. My orange ric is not wanting to split lately. I might cut it up to make more once I get the never up.

I'm north of Baltimore County in Hampstead though.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Everyone,

I have several items and corals up for trade/sale for anyone interested, I live in Silver Spring MD and would be willing to meet up for exchanges.

Equipment:

5.5 AGA Aquarium (excellent condition, almost new) includes new glass top.

Whisper Jr. (10) and filter bags, newish (only used once in my 30 gallon to run some carbon for a week).

Kent Pro Scraper 12" (new)

20" Oceanic single strip light (new)

Aqua Clear 300 (70) power filter - unmodified (used)

Rena Filstar XP1 Canister Filter (used - great filter!!!)

Python No Spill water changing system 20'

20 Gallon AGA Long Tank (used, but only slightly)

Corals:

Several attached and unattached pieces of Colt Coral

Please PM me if you are interested.

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone,

I'm looking mainly to buy, but I do have some things to trade. I had some die off in my tank while I was away at school for the semester and wanted to get some nice softies (zoas, leathers, mushrooms, rics) and maybe a few blasto frags. I have my tank straightened out, and would like to stock up some again. I live in the Baltimore area close to towson if anyone is interested. thanks

Brandon

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

I'm from the Monkton area (between Hunt Valley and Bel Air) and I'm looking for cool looking zoos, Ricordea yumas and Ricordea floridas. I'm mostly looking to buy right now, as my tank is only 6 months old and I'm still in the process of propping and growing out my rics, but I will have rics to trade/sell in the future. You can see most of them on my website (www.MikesReef.com).

Feel free to PM me if you have rics to sell or are interested in trading for something in the future. I can meet around the Hunt Valley/Bel Air/Belcamp areas or at CMAS meetings.

Thanks,

Mike

Archived