Top Shelf Aquatics

Nano Tuners 2 x 36w upgrade for 12DX

limulus

I've tried a few searches but can't find anything specific. Has anyone added this upgrade in a 12DX and was it easy to do? Also, what light options did you choose? Did it have an adverse affect on the temp?

It's number 3 on their "Best Sellers" list. Someone must have this diy upgrade. I'm going to give them a call to see if they can elaborate.

The 36w bulbs are much longer than the 24w bulbs that the 12g uses. This upgrade is designed for the 24g if you desire the extra lighting. An additional 48w (2x24w) can be added to the 12g if you want, but it's going to be jam packed w/o room for much else.

Nick

OK,thanks guys. So, my diy options are the 2x24w option or possibly the 1x24w option. I think I'll probably try the single 24w so it isn't so crowded and it doesn't get so hot. I wish I knew about the options at NanoCustoms before I ordered my stock 12DX...Doh!

If you dont want to DIY, you can always order a new premodified hood from nanocustoms then sell your existing stock hook on the classifieds pretty easily.

~randy

I'm not afraid of diy at all. I'm actually very good at diy projects. I'll probably buy the 1x24w. FishFreak, I look at pics of yours last night.

Thanks everyone.

I would recommend you order one of the heat sheilds that would replace the stock reflector. With the addition of another 24w bulb you really wouldn't see much of a difference and the heat shield dramatically decreases temperatures in the hood.

Archived