SaltCritters.com

Back Chambers of 24G DX

pchezek

Couple Questions about the water levels:

I noticed yesterday that the 3rd chamber where the stock pump is origianlly located that my water was nearly as high as the pump itself, it had dropped really low.

The first chamber was nearly level with the water in the main tank, I figured something must have been blocking between chambers 1 and 2. THe only thing that I could figure was the sponge that was on the bottom of Chamber 2, I pulled it out and it rose the water back up immediately, but now the water level in all 3 chambers is the same level as the main tank.

Here is my Info

Chamber 1: Hunk of LR and some filter Floss and Phosban

Chamber 2: Refuge, Few hunks of LR(Not enough to block any chamber flow)Calurpa (Will be adding Chaeto instead soon)

and an Egglite Submersible Pond light

Chamber 3: Stock pump

Here Are the questions:

1.)So was it OK to remove the middle sponge? It definitly was not the same consistancy as the sponge that came stock in chamber 1. After removing the sponge it was definilty hard and I could see why water was not passing through it.

2.)With the Middle Sponge gone, was the higher water in the back area to be expected?

3.)I have a Minijet 1200 OTW that I am replacing the stock pump in Chamber 3 with, and I was going to put the stock pump in Chamber 1. Will these bring the water level down? Not that its important I was just looking for past experience.

4.) I have some SeaGel, Purigen and Chemi pure OTW to put into CHamber 1 since I took out the stock sponges. Any other suggestions that I should do to the chambers?

Here is my Final Setup info after I get all my equipment:

Chamber 1: Stock Pump hooked up to a Circle Flow Spray bar(More Water Movement) in the MT, Purigen, Chemipure and Seagel, Filter Floss

Chamber 2: Refuge, LR, Chaeto, Sub. Pond Lite

Chamber 3: Mini Jet 1200 with a Hydor FLO Rotating Deflector.

Any Suggestions and Input about the back chamber Water levels is greatly appreciates. Sorry for Rambling on hehe.

Archived