Pod Your Reef

So, are the new 24's on the way?

Cholesterol

Cholesterol

I'm DYING to upgrade from my 12 to a 24.

Honestly, I don't think I'll upgrade the lighting beyond 2x36, as this will probably be a lower light tank. I would like a fuge light, though, and some other mods (surface skimmer, pumps, etc). I'd like to wait if the new ones aren't too far off, and if the improvements will be significant, but if not much is going to change, I need the extra space.

Will the new 24 have any upgrades that will be important to me, or should I go ahead and buy one of the current versions?

$250 shipped from petsolutions seems the best deal going.

thanks!

IF you are staying stock, you are in pretty good shape with the 2004 (current iteration) of the 24g.

If your intent is to go with lighting upgrades or with other intentions like a fugelight, etc, you should hold off for the 2005 version.

Officially JBJ has been in denial, but i always call it like i see it, and if they happen to tell me something, im going to share it unless they tell me to keep quiet.

They are right around the corner. JBJ is out of stock of the 24g in any form as of now, and i suspect petsolutions and others may be as well. Assuming the new versions come in next week, petsolutions, aquabuys and others should have them shortly.

Good Luck

Chris

I have a question concerning JBJ: Do they actually manufacture the tanks or are they manufactured for them someplace else...like China? I have no problem with that, I'm just curious because they have none to sell

• 2 weeks later...

Archived