SaltCritters.com

NC 6gal. factory moonlight mods

pilotrob

Hey all i just got a 6 gallon nano cube that for the most part im very happy with, i just have one question:

How can i set the factory moonlights up on its own timer? My nanocube has a 3 way rocker switch that is PCs - off - moonlight leds. i know this will require some electrical work but im wondering (before i go messing with my cube) if there is a way i can easily connect the moonlights to their own timer.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

yeah i kind of figured. i was looking at it the other night and it seems like its pretty tied in with all the other lights so i was wondering what resistors or other electrical components i would need to go from house AC to power down to the 2 leds

alright just one question - anyone know how many volts the moonlight leds are on the nanocube?

• 3 weeks later...

ccjung

I just ordered a moonlight fix............ can you show a picture of the module? Also can I run the stock fans off of the fix?

Its the same circuitboard that powers the NC12DX and NC24DX NVM models.

The entire family has the same LEDs but for some reason when they designed the NC6, they decided to go with a different circuit board.

Namely, the NC 12/24 moonlights are controlled by "disrupting" the circuit.

In the NC 6, they used a double pole switch, meaning that the switch controls the Lights/Fans coming on and the Moonlights coming on. This is most likely the source of the startup noise that some owners experience on the 6. I have a feeling a capacitor is storing charge and that is excessively powering the NC6 fans at startup.

I dont have any pictures available at this time, but ill see what i can do next time in the shop.

Ps. Sorry for the late response, lol

Chris

Archived