Coral Vue Hydros

How do u guys do your water changes?

eferna

I was just curious to know how do some people do water changes in thesir small aquariums. Do you use a mug? or do u siphon it our with a small air tube?

I siphon mine out about 10-15% with the tubing that Hubu mentioned.  I return the water with airline tubing so it minimizes bubbles and bothering the sand.  Worked pretty well last time.

I used to use a plactive bag( the ones that my fish comes in) to remove water. Now i siphon the water out with air line tubing. A slow and lenghty process, but it works much better.  

Yeah, Hubu.  It works wonders.  Now if it were a deep, big tank, I wouldn't worry about it (bucket up), but since it's a little, shallow tank, I just siphon the new water into my HOB.  Seems to work great.

BustytheSnowMaam

I pour a gallon of RO water into a bucket, then add my salt mix and let it sit overnight aerating.  I save the water jug.  The next day, I siphon out a gallon of water into the jug.  I use a gravel vac. I then pour the new water slowly in.  

i just siphon out with 1/2" tubing then ppoutr my water back into the tank...just quicly...it stirs my sand up a tiny bit which i like so it doesnt let it settle. gives it that natural wave touched look.

NanoReefer53

siphon out water directly into my backyard then pump the new water in front of the powerhead with a rio180 through an airline.

I bought a siphon and now never use it.

I go low-tech and just use a cup.  My tank gets a lot of surface film, and the cup allows me to skim it off.

Matthew

I siphone out about 15% water with 1/2 inch tube. Then using a airline tubing I siphone back fresh saltwater.

Using an airline tube to siphone not only prevents sand storms, but also puts the water back in slowly, so it mixes well and isnt such a shock.  Though I try and maintain very similar conditions for the changed water.

Archived