Cultivated Reef

ProFlatlander15's 29Gal Project

ProFlatlander15

ProFlatlander15

thx lgreen. i like to keep the thread low profile...so i dont sell-out, like tigah...u know...just kidding tigah, i couldnt pretend to be as good as you, lol

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ProFlatlander15

well, i took down my non-photo 5G and used the LR for the fuge. i also got about 7lbs LR from the LFS. since it is kinda expensive, i think i am going to add like 5-6lbs a week until it get to about 40-45. i cant afford all the LR at once right now.

also, i think i am going to take down my 10G and put the livestock into my 29 when its ready. the external overflow sprung another leak yesterday and it needs to be drained to be fixed.

maybe pics tomorrow.

ProFlatlander15

o yea- i used a hofer gurgle buster, and the thing worked miracles! since my overflows are wicked small (about 1.5")it fit right in and is quieter than the durso on my 10G. i may even do a little 'aquascaping' in the fuge...

Originally posted by ProFlatlander15

Actinics on this morning...(starting to look good)

ARE YOU NUTS!?

That tank looks better than good, it looks fenominal! :D

Looks like you could use some more Live Rock though ;)

BTW, what are you useing for flow again?

ProFlatlander15

lol, that way i have more room for growing out, lol. j/k, im getting a few pounds every week until i have enough.

thx Trav, i cant wait to see what your got i store for us in your 15G...i am using the quiet one 4000 (1000gph) and its lookin really good.

Perpetual we need to see you start a thread about your tank...you cant keep posting on mine. lol j/k

I would, but my two main tanks are 120G each. I don't think they fall into the 'nano' category.

I've got a 20L in the kitchen that is really ugly and about to be taken down, and I've got a 26 bowfront in the bedroom that is pretty boring too. I think I'm going to take the skimmer off of the bow so I can reaquascape it a bit. The prefilter box takes up a lot of room. I'll just do more frequent water changes in lieu of a skimmer. I have a low bio load right now. I've only got a candy-cane pistol and a high fin goby currently. Sounds like a good project for Sunday. If I can get rid of this damn cold I've got.

ProFlatlander15

rest up, i guess sunday will be a big day for you. tigah's 67 wasnt really a nano either but everyone loved it...you can post when we dont even know what your tank looks like...geez....lol

ProFlatlander15

thats what im talkin bout....thats sweet...i like the tube off to the left... it gives it a kinda 'close to shore' look

Thta's my fake rock 'log' that I've had for about 20-25 years in freshwater tanks since I was a kid. I'm going to try to grow shrooms all over it. I think that'll be pretty sweet. Oh yeah, there's always a fish in there too. They take turns in the 'log'

"What rolls down stairs

and over the chairs

and into your neighbor's dog?

It fits on your back,

It's good for a snack,

Everyone knows it's log.

It's log, it's log,

It's big, it's heavy, it's wood.

It's log, it's log, it's better than bad, it's good."

ProFlatlander15

nice...sounds kinda like the slinky song...amazingly enough it doesnt look tacky and it would look sweet w/ shrooms or GSP all over it.

thx jake for the kind words

• 2 weeks later...
ProFlatlander15

after buying another rock over the weekend, i decided to start a little aquascaping. the big rocks i am doing last, but here is my attempt at gluing rocks to the back. i may have to find a new exposy because it won't stick to glass and it is having a difficult time sticking to the PVC. enjoy.

Gluing_Rock.jpg

ProFlatlander15

thx trav, atleast someone cares...lol. the epoxy is good so far (crosses fingers). i dont wanna play with it too much...i know it doesnt have that great of a bite right now...

Rock racks are cool :)...you going to fill up that wall or just racks like that? Probably want to score the acrylic with something where you want the "racks" to be...that way the epoxy can have something textured to hang onto vs the smooth surface.

Archived