Pod Your Reef

Fish Recommendations for My 1.6G Pico?

Astyanax

Hi gang:

Okay, I'm back, and the 1.6G pico project has gone off quite well! See this pic:

pico.jpg

Sorry it's so big, and sorry for the poor image quality (just used my camera phone). As you can see, the few polyps, zoos and shrooms are all doing very well. In addition, there are two astrea snails, one small hermit crab, and an itty-bitty peppermint shrimp. The tank is about two months old now and going strong! I'll be adding a few more frags soon. The 3 lbs of live rock has lots of tiny dusters growing out of it (the big one I added, obviously). I've spotted one pineapple (q-tip) sponge, and the whole thing is crawling with amphipods and a few harmless isopods. I feed five drops of DTs phyto every other day. Microalgae and ugly brown diatoms are non-existent, and I light it with 10 watts of 50/50 light for 12 hours a day. Freshwater top-offs are about two ounces a day.

I just wanted to use this thread to see if you could help me decide on ONE very small fish to hang out in here. I was thinking a yellow clown goby, but if you have any other ideas, I'd love to hear them!

Let's hear your thoughts!

Why not try something like a really unique shrimp instead? Go for a sexy shrimp, pistol shrimp, or even a harlequin shrimp. Warning, the harlequin will only eat starfish. I've only seen 1 in my life, but boy was it cool looking.

I dont think you should keep any fish in a 1.6g. And w/ the small volume, your reef would be much better off w/o the added bioload.

CRAVIN CRITTERS

you cant put dwarf sea horses in a nano reef. To much flow! hydroids! And stinging corals! You could devote the tank to seahorses.

Originally posted by CRAVIN CRITTERS

you cant put dwarf sea horses in a nano reef. To much flow! hydroids! And stinging corals! You could devote the tank to seahorses.

I have a 10 gallon nano running with 4 pair of dwarfs. I used to breed them for years but suddenly stopped a few years ago. I started a 10 gallon as a nano but I decided to get some dwarfes. Its been running problem free with the seahorses since September.

Archived