inTank Media Baskets

mandarin goby

E.Y.

neanderthalman

No. The search button is on the upper right and works very well.

I'll save you the trouble and let you know that Mandarin Dragonettes are finicky eaters, and normally eat copepods. They will wipe out the pods in a small tank (under maybe 75g) and then starve. They CAN be kept in smaller tanks if you can convince them to eat other foods. There are success stories, but most mandarins die of starvation. Most small tanks can't handle the massive overfeedings that it takes to convince them to eat prepared foods, and the tank crashes.

Oh, I thought that button was just for decoration, I didn't know it really works! Thanks for the response though, I appreciate it.

E.Y. Yes...but it will be expensive. You will need to buy pod culture and always add them to your tank for your goby to eat. If you're lucky enough to find one that eats prepared foods--you are still going to need to add copepods (some online vendors sell them) for sustenance as they like to eat every other minute or so in small bites as opposed to big meals...and unless you're there feeding him whenever he feels like eating it's not a good option.

The people I know that keep mandy's in their 12g spend about 60-70 dollars just buying culture for them to eat. I'd avoid getting a mandy for your 12...and contrary to what others may believe, they cannot survive on frozen foods alone. They will eventually die.

audiocontrol

technically it is a mandarin dragonet, but it is sometimes classified as a goby; as are the names of almost every saltwater aquatic creature sold in stores, which vary from place to place, lol. Guess it's either marketing or just ignorance.

Yeah, dragonet, thats what I meant, I just automatically call it that since I've seen them in the store under that name for so long. I read an interesting article at http://joshday.com/mandaringoby.htm and it sounds like alot of work that I wouldn't have time for anyways. Thanks for all the help and replys.

Blu50Stang
Originally posted by neanderthalman

No.  The search button is on the upper right and works very well.

Ouch. That's harsh.

Archived