Innovative Marine Aquariums

this pump in 24g NC?

deadmanh

http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp...product=HD09135

http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp...product=HD09202

http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_powerh...ltz.asp?CartId=

i would like to upgrade the pump of my future 24g nanocube would this pump fit in chamber 1 and chamber 3? i couldnt find the dimensions so hopefully you know both the dimensions of the pump as well as the chambers of the NC 24.

SECONDLy how come the one with more output uses less watts?? typo???

im thinking of having two pumps in the tank... one in chamber 1 and one in chamber three alternating back and forth on a wavemaker. both with Y split return nozzles.

ideas? opinions? suggenstions?

thanks in advance,

Danny

I just added the scwd to my 24g with the maxijet 1200 and added plumbing coming out the bottom of chamber three as the other source of flow, seems like plenty of flow with just that. But i guess if your looking for even more you could go with one of the ones you listed. Not sure if those pumps will fit, as i've never heard or seen them to know the dimensions.

If you want the dimensions of the chamber i can be sure to bust out a ruler and measure it for you.

I fit the scwd into the tank without drilling outside of the tank, I only drilled an additional bulkhead coming out the lower bottom portion of the tank. and fit the scwd in the 3rd chamber with the pump.

As for the 3rd chamber size its about 6" wide by 3" tall, depth wouldnt be an issue. I would shoot for something that fits inside there, as that is the actual size of the chamber, and u still have to make it past the 1/4" overhang on the right and back side of the chamber.

I just ordered the second hydor L35 that you have listed to replace my original pump. i noticed everyone is changing stock pumps. ive read of one person going to this pump instead of max-jet or some other. he said it worked and loved it. it supposedly runs same heat with twice the output. im excited and cant wait. but it looks like i will have to. i ordered it from marinedepot.com and its going to take over a week to get it!!!!! its coming from california and im in illinois. DANG! for the shipping charge, i would of thought it would of came over night instead of snail mail! if your in no hurry, i can update you when i recieve my new pump but its gonna be middle of next week. i also bought a "Y" connection with another flared nozzle to redirect some flow. i have that and its working like i thought, now i just need more power!

sweet jebus... definately keep me posted... take pictures and see if it will fit in the first chamber too .... PLEASE!

hehe thanks a bunch mi amigo.. haha

Danny

it doesnt make sense to me tho... if you look at the FIRST TWO links the 320gph is LESS watts than the 450 gph...

i went to the website and they also state this discrepency ... so it really leaves me to wonder ya know?

steelhealr

Hi..I'm not sure if you saw my thread, but, I have the Maxijet 1200 in chamber 3 and the stock pump in chamber one. Both fit fine. I tried both pumps in chamber 3 but the draw was too great and the water levels dropped. The flow with both is excellent. Enjoy your cube. SH

Cholesterol

When you say you have the pump in chamber one, is it just suction cupped to the back glass, with the outlet pointing toward the grate? It seems like not much water would go back out of the grate and into the display.

Thanks,

Chris

steelhealr

In my first chamber, the pump is suction-cupped to the bottom, my media sits on top, the 'bulkheadless' tubing comes from the bottom and over the wall and the outflow flange is in front of chamber two:

mod3.jpg

SH

i have recieved my hydor L35 pump and installed it. It fits perfect where the original was and runs great. I just set my tank up so i recieved my thermometer with my new pump. sorry, i dont know if it runs hotter or the same as original. the flow is great. like i said earlier, i put a "Y" connection on it with another end to redirect some of the flow. Its quiet and runs smooth. im new to this so i hope this helps you out. it does cost more than the others stated above though.

icemand thanks for the info it really DOES help me. can you tell if the SAME pump would fit in the 1st chamber?

Archived