Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

How many gph is pump in stock 24DX ?

miamixj

How many gph is pump in stock 24DX? I just put a spray bar and wanted to add a larger pump for more flow and better water circulation but can't get a firm answer on what gph a stock 24DX pump is. I read somewhere 290gph but NO WAY I have an old spare rio 800 and it's rated at 200gph and it blows away the stock one at least looks that way to me.

Along same lines I also read that stock pump is 20watts so what is a good replacement pump? Rio 1100? Rio 1400?

i heard the stock was 195gph, i replaced mine in my 24G with a rio1400, nice flow now, definately not too much. i love it.

good luck, Mike

:)

dukester48

I heard that most people are putting in a maxijet 1200 so thats what I did and I like it, but I have my loc line output split into two outputs and I think I could use a little more power..., hope that helps

Yeah, i hear mj1200 is a good choice, i went with the rio tho, and am very happy. I think the rio pumps more water, but have heard people have problems with them. Mine is great, and very quiet, so i am very happy. It didnt seem to raise my temp either. maybe im just lucky.

:)

Mike

Hello guys and thanks for replying to my question. I have a few more is you don't mind.

Mikeedge, I am also looking to go with the Rio 1400 pump. Do you have a spray bar or the flow split in any way in your 24DX or you just using stock return? Also, did you notice any increase in temperature puttin the 1400 in vs the JBJ one?

Thanks,

I dont have the rio but i did use the mj1200. I recently hooked it up to an scwd (wavemaker). Flow in the tank is really nice now, no more toilet bowl effect. Prior to this i had made a spray bar to even out the flow, as i found the single head to be to much in one area and not enough in others. I would suggest using a spray bar if you are going to use the stock return outlet.

Archived