• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adinsxq

• Orange Crush

• supernip

• oogie

Silly question, are thermometers and algae magnets considered mods? I don't think so, but just thought I would run it by.

Ok, and one last question, does the aquarium have to start on June 1, or does it matter when it is started as long as it is after June 1? I won't be able to get one for at least a week from today. As long as the picture with the item is provided is this sufficient?

Reminder: Your tanks must be dry until the 1st of June. As promised, information on what you will be required to do to prove that your entry did not have an unfair time advantage, will be posted this weekend. Also, feel free to start up a thread about your tank in the contest forum. Good luck!

Also, feel free to start up a thread about your tank in the contest forum.

Lol, seems people didn't need any insentive for this! :D

The top off would have to have its feed through the front fip-up opening to avoid cutting, which wouldn't look good at all. The ATO for stock tanks is a very hesitant "okay."

Back when I was running my 12 with the hood on, I could fit the tubing for the auto top off through the heater/wire holes in the back. I don't know what the back of the 6 looks like, but I think you probably could fit an airline-tube size topoff through the back...

theres a small hole under the surface skimmer. if I plug it, would that disqualify me? If yes, what if I used a coral to plug it? i.e. Something grew on it or I epoxy a piece of coral onto it. Please let me know either way, thanks

Gots another question. I went through the entire thread and reread the rules, but I am still a little confused. Is REPLACING the stock hood completely going agains "the curviture" of the aquarium? In other words, will we be deducted points if we use say a pendent instead, even if it looks good, seeing as how it may not look exactly like it used to?

MadTownMax

any rules as to filtration - I'm guessing we can replace the carbon bag that comes with the tank b/c that's not going to last 6 months - can we also use polyfilters/phosphate removers (phosban/phosguard)/ or any other sort of filter media in the back chamber in the stock competition?

Originally posted by apex003

when can we expect the item that needs to be photographed with the empty tank?  is it still coming today?

It's up!

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...&threadid=58764

Originally posted by InuYasha

Gots another question.  I went through the entire thread and reread the rules, but I am still a little confused.  Is REPLACING the stock hood completely going agains "the curviture" of the aquarium?  In other words, will we be deducted points if we use say a pendent instead, even if it looks good, seeing as how it may not look exactly like it used to?

Please refer to section 5a and 6 in the rules for OPEN tanks. The judges are going to award points based on the same rules that are available to you.

Originally posted by MadTownMax

any rules as to filtration - I'm guessing we can replace the carbon bag that comes with the tank b/c that's not going to last 6 months - can we also use polyfilters/phosphate removers (phosban/phosguard)/ or any other sort of filter media in the back chamber in the stock competition?

OC answered this question a few pages back:

Originally posted by Orange Crush

chemical filtration such as carbon and phosphate removers are fine. No other biological filtration is what the rule is getting at. And precured live rock is fine. People will be getting rock anywhere from online to their lfs to a friend's tank to their own tank. It's not reasonable to try to regulate where it comes from.

Looks like we currently have an even number of stock and open! I wonder if I will be able to fit a remora skimmer on the back, lol :P

i had a quick question: will we get to see how the tanks were scored at the end by each of the judges (anonymously, of course)? it'd be great if you could see what the judges thought of each tank and/or if they'd give comments about what they did/did not like. just a suggestion...

Hey, could someone change my thread title to [sTOCK] InuYasha? After looking the aquarium over I decided that I really like it the way it is! Also, is there any legal way to quite down the fans? I can't imagine trying to live with that noise in my bedroom!!! I don't want it to be a mod, but I don't want the noise :angry: One last thing, what sorts of corals would be appropriate under only 3W of light per gallon?

I have a Question...

When will the next NC6 Contest be? I'm alittle too late to start on it :(.

Another question is will this be an Anual Event?

I need to know these things so I can start saving money for the next contest, if there is a next contest that is.

Thanks,

Travis

Well...I' still going to have to wit till next time. Money is runnin' kinda short in the Reef Tank budget so...Maybe Next time :)

Orange Crush

There are no plans for another NC6 contest. The release of the tank was well timed for this contest. Depending on the success of this contest, we'll do other build-offs in the future. Hopefully you won't have to wait quite a year for the next one. ;)

There's rumors on the internets about another contest coming up soon here on Nano-Reef.com that has nothing to do with reefs at all....... (mystery music)

:ninja:

• Recommended Discussions