Coral Vue Hydros

-> Contest Q&A

Orange Crush

Orange Crush

Please use this thread for any questions/comments (positive only please ;))you have until the new contest forum is started. Thanks!

WTF am I talking about? Click HERE!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adinsxq

• Orange Crush

• supernip

• oogie

We couldn't have done a real contest, OC?

18w PC's...I wouldn't even keep shrooms under that....and there's the moral objection I have to the "NewB Cubez"....

****** ***** *****, moan moan moan*......

I know, I know...I'll just shutup now...:P

Cheers,

Fred

Orange Crush

Apparently someone missed the part where I said positive feedback. This is supposed to be a fun thing, people! Life's no fun if you complain about it all the time. Go with the flow! Try somehing new!

Let's make it simple: you don't want to do the contest, don't.

And Josh, yes it did. Don't worry, they'll go away in time.

tyia.

i hope this contest will be based on how well the overall tank looks and not how many acans you can cram into it.

Life would be grande if all the feedback we ever received was positive.....

Unfortunately..well...anyway...

Cheers,

Fred

How about if we create third division?

Hardware only!

So you are judged on quality hardware upgrades!

So tank in this catagory doesn't even need to contain 1 drop of water!

And yes. I am an idiot!

so for the second category in which you can mod, is it cheating if you drill it and plumb it to a 125 gallon tank (i mean sump....).

Oh man, i was just about to start a small FW planted tank and now this has to come along. I need more money8) ,lol.

Orange Crush
Originally posted by lgreen

so for the second category in which you can mod, is it cheating if you drill it and plumb it to a 125 gallon tank (i mean sump....).

OPEN: This category is open to allow entrants to excercise their imagination with modifications. Feel free to hack, drill, melt the stock nanocube to your hearts desire. Any external plumbing must not bring the entire system volume over 12 gallons.

so in a word, yes ;)

and pili, sorry dude. all i can say.

Originally posted by FAC_WNY

We couldn't have done a real contest, OC?

18w PC's...I wouldn't even keep shrooms under that....and there's the moral objection I have to the "NewB Cubez"....

****** ***** *****, moan moan moan*......

I know, I know...I'll just shutup now...:P

Cheers,  

Fred

Fred, if you're not interested in participating, that's perfectly fine.

Originally posted by lgreen

what if we had a contest only based on talent, not how much money you have!

This is the whole point of the unmodified category. Setting the a restriction (in this category) to stock-tank-only, entries will be judged by the aquarist's skill at what's in the tank. Some individuals may not be comfortable paying $79.99 for the tank for whatever reason and that's great, maybe the rules will suit him or her better next time.

Tanks that show the skill of the aquarist will have the best chance at winning. If you're looking for the fairest playing field, you should enter the in the stock category. By competing against others using the same setup, you'll be able to best demostrate selection of appropriate livestock, aquascaping, placement of coral, and other things "money can't buy." Good luck!

Originally posted by oogie

How about if we create third division?

Hardware only!

So you are judged on quality hardware upgrades!

So tank in this catagory doesn't even need to contain 1 drop of water!

And yes. I am an idiot!

Enter your tank in the Open category and gut/drill/glue the stock tank to your heart's desire (1 drop of water is fine, just don't let the drops add up to 12 gallons)

If you enter the open category, can you buy a modded cube from nanocustoms or do you have to start with a stock one and mod it your self?

Originally posted by patio

maybe we can get jbj to donate a couple of tanks for those with no $$$$$$$$$! hahaha jk

sounds like fun!

The price Nanocustoms is offering to NR members is unbeatable.

Originally posted by oogie

For Open division, do you have to keep the hood?

or can i ditch it?

Thanks!

"my grandfather's axe"

If I replace my nanocube's hood and then the tank, is it still a nanocube?

There is no restriction on removing the hood to use some other light source for tanks in the Open category as of yet. Wait for the more complete rules/regulations (as noted in the announcement--available soon)

entries will be judged by the aquarist's skill at what's in the tank

That was part of my point. Are you more likely to win if you have 5 acanthatrea's and 4 colonies of PPE, some firecrackers, a blasto, and a helfrichi goby?

and other things "money can't buy"

:ermm: ???

• Recommended Discussions