Top Shelf Aquatics

Moon lights in a 2.5

LukeP77

Has any one ever use moon lights on a pico. I have been watching a auction on ebay, the guy is selling a kit. He says you just wire it all in and then you are all good.

Any thoughts, all are welcome to post a opinion.

Thanks

I've tested a DIY one in my 2.5g. Used one of my ~470nm LEDs aimed it up to reflect down into the tank (more dispersal than aiming LED down) and it lit it up pretty decently.

I just ordered the kit the other day. I will wire it all in after I come back from Vancouver Island. So you say to point the lights up and reflect them down. I will also have to find a hood that will fit my light and fan. Do you know of any hoods that would fit a Coralife mini-hood and a cpu diy fan?

Don't know any hoods, I DIY all my own.

As for the direction of the light, I prefered it reflecting off the inside of my hood, vs aiming down. If you aim it down you usually get the "sunlight through the forrest trees" look. Up to you, might as well test out positioning & direction yourself before mounting.

The kit was sent ot yesterday I will talk with my father in law andsee if he can design a nice looking hood. He has all the nice tool and fun saws. Your right about the forest look if you point them down. I was thinking of linning the hood with tin foil or some thing reflective, so that I could point them up.

Thanks

Lukas

White paint will work if nothing else. I've been testing out "chrome trim" tape from the auto parts store & it works pretty decently as a cheap reflector.

I just finished wiring up the battery for the led's.

I’m hoping to have then wired in to the hood by tomorrow, I will post a pic then. I am only going to use 2 leds on the 2.5g, and the rest on my 90 fresh water.

Do you think 2 will do or would you suggest more?

Archived