Coral Vue Hydros

--> winniebagel's 30G long upgrade <--

winniebagel

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
winniebagel

I'll be ordering some rocks next Tuesday from Jeff's Exotic Fish. I called them up yesterday and they were completely out of Marshall Island, Tonga branch, and Tonga shelf LR. Talk about a bummer...

winniebagel
Originally posted by victoly

you mean you dont want to go to aquatek and spend like 600 dollars on live rock ? :P

:D

Hahahah, last time I was there it was $6.99(?)/lb for their crappy barren rock. Looked more like dead base rock than anything else! I wouldn't even take any of their rock, even if they were giving it away.

Reefer Addict

You are almost at the finish line!!!!!! At least as it relates to the plumbing. Is you new tank plumbed the same way as the tank that was silled upon?

winniebagel

Should be calling Jeff's Exotic today when they open at 9am pst. I want to be one of the first ones to place a LR order today, seeing as today is when they get LR shipments :)

Edit: Never mind then... they said that their rock shipments don't get in till 4pm their time. *grumble*

winniebagel
  • 35 lbs. Marshall Island LR
  • 5 lbs. Tonga branch LR
  • 5 lbs. Tonga shelf LR
  • 15 lbs. Tonga live sand

It's been a long week waiting of these rocks. Now comes the long process of cycling. :happy:

Rocks shipped okay, but on one of the bigger pieces, I found a bunch of grape caulerpa growing on it. I removed all of it from off the rock which would hopefully deter its return.

CyclingLR.jpg

CONGRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATULATIONS!!!!

*applause*

lol. i was actually going to comment about your new cute icon i just saw but i came here and found your tank is dooooone!

good job girl!

when it's all up and ready maybe we could trade frags or something, lol :D

winniebagel

Thanks Babycakes, Reef'n'ale :)

RA: The 1st tank had one of those 2-color paper backings stuck on it. 2nd tank has a black backwall.

winniebagel

I plan on having a couple of acros, montiporas, and pocilloporas up near the top. A handful of LPSs and softies near the bottom that'll go under overhangs and shaded areas. I'll be reaquascaping once the cycle is finished

winniebagel
Originally posted by Tigahboy

wait.  what happened to the SPS only tank?

I balked at the thought of the amount of calcium uptake if I did an SPS only tank. Not enough room under the tank for a calcium reactor either.

you wouldnt happen to be a ut student? Theres a few of us out there who are into the whole reef thing. Ive been taking care of my roomates 12g and pico while hes in italy. Jerk.

winniebagel

victoly: nope, not a UT student. LOL, sorry to hear of your semester-long tank babysitting duties being pawned off on you. At least your roomie will owe you a big favor once he/she comes back. :)

winniebagel

Hey Rob,

Not much change in my tank since the last picture... except the water being much clearer. Once everything is cycled, I'll be sure to snap up a photo, just for ya :)

• 3 weeks later...
winniebagel

Cycle completed about 1.5 weeks ago, but I didn't rearrange the rockwork until this weekend.

I moved most of the corals and a fishy inhabitant that were in my temporary holding tank up to the display. Just have to hook up the refugium to the main tank before this project is done. Phew! (that's why the water level is a bit low in the picture...)

Here's that pic, Rob :D

2005.08.07_Tank01.jpg

wooot!

hey i might have some corals i can sell to ya, i think... i have to try to figure out how to dremel things. anyhoo great job on the tank! the rocks look fab!

did you watch march of the penguins the movie? i bet you'd love it! penguins are the cutest :D

Archived