Innovative Marine Aquariums

Titanium Heater?

Twins Guy

I'm forever looking at new gadgets and the new titanium heaters have kinda caught my eye. Anyone with experience good or bad on these? I did some searches that didn't turn up much. Since my hands seem larger than my damn tanks i can't help but like, no...love! the idea or controlling the temp from outside the tank. The new Won Pro Heat II Heater has a digital thermometer display as well as remote temperature control. What's not to love? Lemme see if i can't copy the link in here and show ya'll what i'm talking about.

http://www.marinedepot.com/a_ht_wb.asp?CartId=

Hope that works, niner?

I was running an IWON on my 20, and loved the thing. It didn't have the temp readout on it, but it held the temp within 0.5 (digital thermometer), you don't have to worry about it being plugged in out of water, or shattering if a piece of LR falls on it. Not having to fiddle inside the tank to adjust the temperature is also a huge plus. I just wish they made a little 50 watt I could use on the 7. :

ViaAqua makes a metal tube w/ remote dial too. good for agressive cichlids. PM me if you're interested, i have a friend who's got a few he hasn't used yet.

WON does make a 50W model! its the pro-heat I model (does not have the digital thermometer but it sounds like you had one of those and were happy with it). if they don't have it at marine depot (check the link in the first post)-support those sponsers!-then i'm sure they have it at Champion Lighting ( http://www.championlighting.com ). i'm looking at one for a smaller tank so i may wind up with the same one. look at sizes too-i'm not sure the 50 is any smaller than the 100 or 150 (or model II 150) so maybe you go with the bigger wattage heater. i suppose some would say you then run the risk of cooking the tank! if its not one thing its another. hope i helped. B)

I just checked. The 50 and 75 watt models are available at Marine Depot, but they're over 10" long, which is a bit cumbersome in a tank that's only 17" long. They're not really necessary for small nanos anyway, since there's not too much in the way of heavy rockwork, and if all else fails, you can stick the little thermal compact back in the power filter box.

I have a JALI 800 W titanium heater and controll unit. It ran near 100.00 total I love it. I can make boiling water in a 40 degree 18 gal tub in 3 hours.

:D

I did have to send the heater back to the Manufactuer once, because of a defect. The new one is great.

Oh, and they dont rust.

so i'm getting a new Alife 7, supposedly-its been 3 weeks now. i dig the built-in thermometer if you didn't notice but what do you guys/gals (equal opportunity!) think about a 150W (smallest w/ thermometer) on a 7 gal? sounds like they're reliable but...lets just say the thing freaks out. is it gonna boil my tank three times as fast as the 50watter? maybe i'll just go with the 50watter and get me a blue-light special digital thermometer.

thanks for the input ya'll. so i found a Jalli 50W titanium at my LFS that is seriously less than six inches long! smaller than my 25W compact thermal, which is awesome for those of us with tiny tanks! the store said 6 month warranty, just bring it in. i fgure if it makes it six months, it'll make it a lot longer than that too. its on my new alife7 and so far seems do a nice job of keeping a constant temp. i'll keep everyone updated.

If the temperature probe and readout were movable so that I could sense temperature in various remote parts of the tank, I think they would be great. Unfortunately the readout as it stands is just a bit of a gimmick in my view.

Archived