ReefCleaners.org

New JBJ 24 DX

hardyl425

hardyl425

I started the LR cycle in a 15 gallon rubber maid container. With 15 lbs LR, 10 lbs BR, 20 lbs, coral gravel, 25 lbs LS, a power head, 75 watt light, and 50 watt heater maintaining water at 1.023 salinity. My 24 gallon cube was back ordered I already had the LR coming. It worked out great the LR cycle started 03/28/05 and by the way it smelled after 2 days I'm glad it was in the garage in a rubber maid container. " stinky". The 1st week ammonia was off the charts. From what I've read here from member comments that should be expected. By 04/08/05 ammonias 0 " no stinky" (amazing you can tell just by the way it reacts with the power head that its getting better) Nitrate 0 Nitrites .50. Added a 10 blue legged, 10 red legged hermit crab clean up crew.Amazing how efficent they are at cleanup. The LR was cleaned in a few days. My tank was ariving 04/13/05 Using a RO filter I started 30 gallons of water in a very larger container, 100 watt heater, power head Salinity 1.023. The tank would arrive on 04/15/05 " cool". Okay 04/015/05 Tank tank was here " finally".

Archived