Cultivated Reef

Frustrating pH fluctuations in JBJ 24G

dymaxiun

Anyon have a hard time stabilizing the pH in you Nano Cubes? i have a 24, and i cant get it to stabalize over 8.0

All my other tanks are just fine and never had a problem.. only with this tank. Is it a saturation of CO2? If so how can i get more Oxygen in the tank? I know you cant run any type of HO filtration / skimming without major modifications. I need some help fast.. i don't want to dose the tank since i don't think it is necessary to ever dose anything.

HELP HELP HELP I am out of ideas....

TEMPORARY SOLUTION IS TO BUFFER THE WATER!!! NOT A SOLUTION!

pdhenderson

do want to use a stabilzer huh?

kent pro buffer worked for me, used it twice, havent used since febuary, stable. good luck

artarmon42

It's unclear what your other tanks are that don't have problems...

As a wild guess, the other tanks aren't Nano Cubes? If so, I'd suggest it's the lack of oxygen or more specifically lack of oxygen exchange, intrinsic to the Nano Cube design. It was clear to me when I was trying to cool my tank, that there simply isn't enough venting of the air gap (between the splashguard and the water surface). Lack of venting = CO2 build up.

Yeah i figure it to be as much as lack of circulation in the hood. I will try to get more surface agitation (more as in storm system agitation) and see if that helps...

Thanks for your input...

Archived