Cultivated Reef

a new pump was put in......

mmichalik

mmichalik

Hi everyone,

I put in a new RIO 200 pump tonight, to replace the stock pump. I took out all of the bio balls, the ceramic rings and 2 of the sponges. I left 1 sponge in and the carbon.

I took the stock pump, turned down the volume and put it in chamber1, pushing out the grate in the middle to lower left hand side. (if looking at it from the front)

Does this sound correct?

Will the combination of the RIO200 and the stock fan cause too much heat?

Also, how long should I leave the stock lights on during the day? The LFS said all day (8 to 12 hours). Does that sound right?

As always, your comments are appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

The RIO raised my temps by 1 degree or more. I took it back within a two days.:) It was warmer than the stock pumps was. You could feel the heat in the chamber with the RIO.

mmichalik

I took a temp reading this morning and it was at 78 degree's after sitting all night with only the moon lights on.

I will take another temp reading when I get home this evening and see where we're at. The tank usually runs at 80 degrees, so hopefully it won't be any more then that.

Thanks for the info.

Mike

That was my experience with it. It raised my temps up allot higher than the stock pump did so I ditched it. I use a maxi jet 500 in the filter pump area and the stock behind the grate.

Archived