SaltCritters.com

placement of nano reef.

eferna

I currently have my nano reef on my computer desk. Its a large desk with plent of space. However, now and then I accidently bump my desk and disturb the polyps and duster. I was wondering if it would be better if I place it on its own stand. What do u think?

Ha, have you ever been snorkling or diving??? Unless you are a HUGE guy, I doubt your bumps would compare to waves and current. I have been diving with current so powerful that it gets a bit scary if you can't control yourself... It would take a lot more than just bump to harm those puppies, trust me,,, hehe...

gaber

p.s. I am not advocating shaking them up a whole lot! But moving it would be a huge pain in the ass and probably stress the fish out a lot more than an occasional bump. hth

yeah your right, the polyps however do close up even with the slightest tap on the glass. Should I be concerned or is it normal.

it shouldnt be something to worry about. my xenias would close up if a strong current hits it or something. they would end close up when a snail's shell touch them. so i doubt a bump would do anything to them.

Archived