Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

nanotuners.com

nanocustoms.com

nanocustoms.com

Hi everyone:

Nanocustoms is proud to announce the launch of its DIY division, nanotuners.com.

visit www.nanotuners.com to check out great values on OEM spec parts and accessories for your cube.

Thanks for your support

Chris

Im waiting to hear back from Ushio about the 14k. Im also interested in the XM 15K bulb thats due out shortly. I have access to the 15k XM in 150w, but not in 70w yet.

In the success of nanocustoms 2 things happened, you can count on nanocustoms to stand behind their work, and you can count on nanocustoms to cost a pretty penny.. We still stand behind our work 100%, sometimes by replacing/taking back defective units. Thats part of what you pay for...

It was time Nanocustoms started flexing its buying/shipping power to offer some good values on great equipment.

For example, the Fulham HH 70 ballast (I love it!!) should retail for $100, because of the upcoming release of the 1.70 MH + Chiller, I got major buying power.

Thanks for the kind words..

Chris

You guys should email about my PM I sent you. 1st page on most keywords on all of the top search engines.:)

Yahoo, Lycos, Google, Alta Vista, Ask Jeeves, MSN and more.

Would be willing to work something out to help out. Buzz me!

Hi Jason..

Thanks for the offer, but i am leery of webspiders (call me stupid). I manage webservers and sometimes the best way to protect yourself is by maintaining a low profile. My os system is an open source copy, and there are inherent dangers/vulnerabilities that can be disclosed by search engines.

I do appreciate the offer. Maybe we can collaborate on another project (site redesigns.) email or call me.

Chris

artarmon42

Nice prices!

You should look at stocking a full MH kit (with reflector and glass)... that'll sell like hot cakes!

Thanks Artamon.

I love your retro. I have my own concerns, but it demonstrates alot.

The ONLY gripes i have with that aquabuy reflector is the size. To me, it seems that its a bit "spotlightish" because of its compact nature. On the other hand, your mounting position, makes it a bit higher, so maybe there is less effect.

Im working on getting the case manufactured, so it should be available in a few weeks.

Keep up the awesome work yuen. Like ive said many times, i wish you were local, we could make some very very nice stuff.

Keep an eye out for that chiller. I'll be sending one out to you to "beta" for the cause... The pieces are being reanodized with a better finish for saltwater service.

On my test tank, my MH + Chiller has been running a cool 78 despite a 12-13hr photoperiod. I cranked up the Heat to 84 in my apt and the tank didnt go above 81. I was pretty happy.. In comparison, a 12hr photoperiod before would leave me at 85-86 F. I had to cut back on the photoperiod big time.

Anyways.. keep up the good work..

Chris

artarmon42

I'll definitely look forward to playing with the chiller.

As long as the salt stays away from the copper, I'm sure that your design is going to have the best cooling capability!

Hey Chris, if that is the case we could set up a intro page which would be the only page they would be looking to. I have done this for other clients. With what you do and what phrases would be used you would have #1 spot first page on all of the top guys. Huge benifits!! I could not find anything about any of this until I found this forum. I will call you some time next week. This week I have been working on a local saltwater fish supply store site that I am doing for a Nice Store credit which will last me a year or so for corals.:)

I hear you on this one. I dont mind the exposure, just when a pattern of my cookies gets cached, its prime target for hackers who know my code.

Lets talk...

Chris

Oh, i didnt update much, but ive ditched the copper entirely. I was using a Type II anodized part (considered saltwater safe) and decided to play it safe and go with a Type III hard anodize, its whats used on ships, etc.

The good coating and the fact that the water is in continous service, help to prevent oxidation.

Ive been using the regular (type II) anodize on my personal tank to test for long term reliability.

Chris

chris, just saw the new sight and I must say, I love you man. placing my order as we speak! one question, I haven't even opened the box for my nano 24g. do I need a new reflector to run the 2 36 watt upgrade? if so do you sell it?

You dont NEED one. esp if you are going to DIY the mod. You will just need to reshape (read.. bend) the heatshield out so the bulbs fit.

Chris

I have the non dx 12g version but it has the leds already what exactly do I need to buy to make it a dx version? I know I can just buy a dx hood from you plus the remote ballast but it seems I could go a little cheaper if I DYI. I have no idea what to order and can I just reshape the heatshield like the above post. Just make me a list and I'll buy...lol.

Seanewb - did kappa's instructions help?? Kappa is one of the pioneers of this hobby (nanocube tuning).

Chris

just got my 24w retro from nanotuners and it kicked my cube to 3 24w bulbs, and a 10w t5. it came from an og to a dx with the help of Chris. Great customer service and i would recommend them for sure! thanks again Chris.

mark

"In the success of nanocustoms 2 things happened, you can count on nanocustoms to stand behind their work, and you can count on nanocustoms to cost a pretty penny.. We still stand behind our work 100%, sometimes by replacing/taking back defective units. Thats part of what you pay for..."

I gotta object to this reasoning. If a unit is defective you WILL take it back or you will risk fraud complaints and lawsuits. Your costs are high because your volume is low. That simple. Your only hope is that customer service makes up for it - which I think is what your trying to say.

How long does it generally take to get questions answered from this site (nanotuners)? I e-mailed a couple of questions in over 2 days ago and have yet to hear anything back.

hey guys, just got my 2X36 watt upgrade installed yesterday afternoon and man does it make a difference in my 24 gallon cube! I left it on for about four hours yesterday after I modded it and the temps were acceptable. I haven't added extra fans yet, but the temps here in the northeast have been cool and I have a chiller on the tank. I will see when I get home from work tonight what temps are really like after a full 10 hour cycle

hmm... it's been over a week now, and they still won't answer me, so I guess I'll ask here to see if anyone knows (although the lack of CS so far has me spooked). Does anyone know if they sell retro kits for via aqua hoods? I have an 11g I'm thinking about adding a 70w MH bulb in the stock hood.

Hey Calvin,

I didnt recieve an email (which is not uncommon) my host has a pretty brutal spam blocker (ie your mailhost isnt Fully Qualified) they block the email.

I currently sell via aqua products but dont have retro kits developed for them at this time. I plan on launching products for the VA line sometime later this year (Summer).

Sorry for the email issue. In case you didnt, try sending emails through the site via its formmail (it wont get blocked).

Chris

Archived