SaltCritters.com

stock nano cube fine?

slothy

No offense here either but can you undo your mod with a simple yank? I used the cassette case and I used a small dab of superglue gel and about 2 minutes, the thing was done, I also changed out the main pump with an aquaclear 70, moved the original pump to the center section and put a nozzle over the partion into the main tank. Running about 750 gph and the tank loves it.

dga: both mods accomplish the same thing. to say one works better than the other is a bit of a farcity as each can be designed to be equelly effective.

RandyO: If I modify the engine of my car do I put the motor back in with duct tape so the mod can easily be reversed?... No. Anything worth doing is worth doing right.

I'm not knocking the idea in fact I like it but what you are trying to accomplish is replicating what I have done without the aesthetics of a clean, proffesional, not so obvious design.

Originally posted by *********

dga:  both mods accomplish the same thing.  to say one works better than the other is a bit of a farcity as each can be designed to be equelly effective.

RandyO: If I modify the engine of my car do I put the motor back in with duct tape so the mod can easily be reversed?... No.  Anything worth doing is worth doing right.

I'm not knocking the idea in fact I like it but what you are trying to accomplish is replicating what I have done without the aesthetics of a clean, proffesional, not so obvious design.

Not having a good day huh?

LOL!!!

I guess after rereading I can see how you think that..lol! It wasnt meant like that.. I actually typed with a rather playful tone:)

Nano-Cube Nut

I tried the cassette cover for surface skimming--GREAT! Within 15 seconds the surface was clear! My question is it works great for the surface, but if the cassette covers the intake grill how do you get floating junk (floating in tank mid water, not at the surface) removed into the 1st back chamber so it gets filtered thru sponge? It seemed to keep the surface perfect but little particles just keep flowing around the tank in mid water, not getting pulled into the back to get filtered. I love this idea but can't seem to use it cause water gets to many things floating around and cuts down on water clarity----Am I doing it wrong? Please help me.

I tryed the cassette mod,didnt even bother with the glue the suction from the pump keeps it in place.And in case of too much evaporation it will lose suction and just fall off so the pump wont burn out,hopefully.

Nano-Cube Nut

Anyone know how to get the junk floating mid water when you use the cassette mod for surface skimming (when used it covers the grill where mid water junk usually gets sucked in, so now only stuff on the surface gets removed into back area). Please see my previous post for all details.

ANY replys would help.

TIA

Archived