ReefCleaners.org

Clownfish Behavior???

SundownRocker

SundownRocker

I have had this b/w damsel who has been SO afraid to come out of his little cave (for about a week). Today I got a false Perc and it has yet to touch the reef area. It just swims up and down the glass, not getting near the LR. The damsel has decided to make his appearance and has swam up to the clown several times. It doesn't show signs of agression yet, but might that be the reason why the clown hasn't "explored the reef"? Or do they just take time to get used to the surroundings? Weird.

SoCal Reefer

Get rid of the damsel NOW. I had one and it killed my percs. Does it swim paralell to it and shake vigourusly? Because if it does that is a sign of agrssion. Buy a fish trap and get it out. Just my 2 cents

Good Luck

-Bret

My clown is doing the same thing. I had him for about a week and he stayed near the top of the water all of the time. Tank params are fine. Just added a 6 line wrasse (who loves the reef - too much - he is eating all my pods and worms!) and that encouraged the clown to come down like 3-4 inches toward the rock.

Archived