SaltCritters.com

Anybody running the 70w halide/ dual 70w halide mod in their 24g?

Surfzup2k4

shao-lin nano

hi Nico,

Dont know what a Reflective Mylar is but I just used plain old mirror finished aluminum (sp?). Got it from Marinedepot.com...It comes in a 2x2 sheet. It's way more than needed but i did mess up a couple of times.

HTH

shao-lin nano

havent tested temps yet...but i have an aquamedic 150 chiller so not too worried about water temp, just hood temp and it's components.

maybe i'll test the temps over the weekend with all lights on for a 12 hr period and see. i don't plan on filling w/ saltwater, LS, LR till june when i move.

artarmon42

Heh, wife was getting annoyed with all the stuff lying around my desk. It was either give fellow reefers a good deal, or donate everything ;)

Look forward to the results of your MH!

You should post your "how to" guide, so other 24Gs can follow!

ppshhaaa!! I laugh at your sniveling 289 watts! you forgot your fuge lighting! I raise you another 36 watts to 325!! now that's one hot ball of melted plastic

24gnano5ou.png

Originally posted by trumph

MDT...what splashguard set-up are you currently using? And are you still running all those fans?

Still running stock splashguard with a hole cut below the MH. LOL, yes I'm still running all those fans; 3 of which are running 24/7, but I've reduced them to 5 watts, just to take care of overnight condensation.

shao-lin nano

cool, i'll be in good company artarmon. im in no hurry, i dont plan on it being fully operational till june anyway. i've had my cube since late feb anticipating a move that has been delayed. so i've added a new vent on top of hood and a controller to adjust fan speed...all the parts were taken from that fans supplied by you...thanks again!

artarmon42

You're welcome!

Post a pic!

I'd love to see what you did with those fans (seeing I never figured out how to use them ;) )

Archived