Coral Vue Hydros

lgreen's 58g SPS Reef Project

lgreen

scarletknight06

walmart sells stanley blower fans for $17. they are a little more expensive but are much queiter and move much more air.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like the way your rock is aquascaped. It gives you plenty of ledges to place corals. I personally really like the "wall look". What fish do you plan on having in there?

update:

completely redid the plubming.

also ditched the seio pumps and replaced with aqua clear powerheads. much better flow now.

working on thinning and redoing the aquascaping a bit.

yah, i know sounds weird, but i like the aqua clears so much better than the seios. sorry...didn't mean flow as in the rate, but much better water movement dynamics (better random currents, better suspension of debry into water column for removal by overflow)

my sister stole my digital camera, so as soon as i find where she put it, i might be able to do some pics.

Originally posted by lgreen

yah, i know sounds weird, but i like the aqua clears so much better than the seios.  sorry...didn't mean flow as in the rate, but much better water movement dynamics (better random currents, better suspension of debry into water column for removal by overflow)

Yah man.... seios suck. Next time, save your self a hassle and get a tunze stream. You wont regret it.

Originally posted by speakerguy

Is that the standard Oceanic black stand w/glass door? I'm tihnking about getting one for my 70RR. Thanks,

Mark

yes. i really like it.

i had to drop it in from the top before i put the tank on.

it is a little tricky to explain, but that stand doesn't have a solid top. It has a large hole in it, that is probably about 32" x 15". basically there is about a 3" fram around the top of the stand which the tank sits on.

update:

camera still mia (grrrrrrrrrr)

sump is getting a major remodeling. removed all baffels and installing a plenum sand bed system along with the euro-reef and some macro alage.

i guess i am just one of those idiots that as to do something twice to get it right. this time it will be right.

(keep in mind this is the first time i have setup a big tank! wow i learned a lot already)

things are looking good, i will try to get pics.

a maited pair of huchtii anthias will be comming home sunday.

• 3 weeks later...
Reefer Addict

where are the pic's? noobs like me can't learn anything unless you post 'as you go' pictures.... i'm still interested in seeing your plumbing.

• 1 month later...
Reefer Addict

What's up with this bad boy? It's been a long time since you posted an update. And how come no pics of the famous plumbing?:P

Did you ever get the tank running correctly? Or is it dead and gone.... :o

Noobs want to know!!!!!!

B)

everything is still alive!

added a yellow umbrella leather, green mushroom rock, some zoos. that's about it.

been busy at school. haven't had time to mess with it too much.

i'll get some new pick up soon.

Reefer Addict
been busy at school. haven't had time to mess with it too much.

i'll get some new pick up soon.

Too busy to take pictures yet able to spend time and write a FAQ? :lol:

Dude you need to show the noobs like me that you are proud of your tank!!! It should only take two minutes to snap a few pics and post... At least that's about how long it takes me to shoot and post.

exactly. lol. other reefers often get more attention than my tanks.

I'm actually just stalling you all. Want to wait to take a pic until I get something impressive in there. Basically looks just like it did in the last pic right now.

Haven't had much money to spend on it lately as my hours got cut since the new school year started. I still haven't paid off the dang tank, mh, or euro-reef skimmer.

I'll get too it. The season is changing so cools stuff should start becomming available to order at the fish store.

• 4 weeks later...

selling my aqua medic halide hood. its in the classifieds.

switching to either sunlight supply tek 36" 6x39w t5 or 8x39w t5 or 2 current usa 4x39w t5

Archived