Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

12g Nano Cube DX questions

Sea_Of_Treachery

Sea_Of_Treachery

I've had a 10g nano for a few years now, and i am going to start over using a 12g nano cube dx. This time i plan on using a deionizer, and not tap. Is the nano cube really work it? From what i have seen, it looks like a good system with 2 x 24w pcs enough to keep softies and a few lps, built in cooling fans, a sump with water pump.Is there a top filter intake for surface skimming, and a bottom filter intake as well? To start it off i am going to try 10lbs of dead mearine white sand, and 2 lbs of tonga live sand. Would this be enough sand, and dead sand to live ratio? Also i am adding 12lbs of live rock. I don't know which is the best choice, should i get one kind, or a mix?, i can choose between.....Fiji Premium grade,Tonga branch, Tonga Deep water, and Tonga Shelf. Also i have heard of replacing the water pump, with a mini-jet 606. I am going to get that and a 50w visi-therm stealth heater. What should i do with the sump? I've heard that i should take out the filtration media? I plan on using chemi-pure.What should i put in each compartment? I plan on getting a mini jet 606 to replace the current pump, and taking the current put and putting it somewhere else in the take for better circulation. Also is there any skimmer i could put in the sump, and would i have to cut the back of the hood to place it in? I may just go skimmerless and do my usual 10% weekly water changes.Hope you can help!

I have chaeto in my back compartment but I have light spillover because I have an extra bulb modded in. You might not be able to keep chato in yours. I would mix up the LR a bit with some of each.

Archived