Coral Vue Hydros

New 12g Deluxe Nano Cube came scratched :(

jman77

Hello Guys,

Man , this sucks.

I received my Cube on Thursday, and I had set it up with fresh water to see if I got any cracks in the glass. All was fine till last night when I found scratches on the tank. When I had first took out the tank from the shipping box I thought they where just silicon that had fallen on the glass, but they turned out to be scratches. Have any of you run into this problem with the Nano Cubes ? I've emailed jbj and am waiting on their reply.

Nope, but where are the scratches? If I remember correctly scratches weaken the glass because something to do with the surface tensions or whatever. Not sure, but I'd send it back.

The scratches are on both the bend of the glass, as well as the back corners. I don't think i'm going to get another Cube though. Don't want to wait for the tank to come in, and have to "water test" it to see if it cracks, or send it back if it has scrathces. This really ticks me off since i wanted to get my live rock this weekend.

No personal experience with JBJ returns, but from what I understand they are very accomidating and should not have a problem giving you another tank.

Bob

Mine came cracked on both sides and shattered. I didn't order from JBJ but I know the owner will send you a new one. Just email him

derekschwabe

my cube has one small horizontal scratch on the front glass, but its not big enough to make me want to return it. Iv heard of many such cases of the nano cube coming with scratched glass, but many people have successfully gotten their scratched cube replaced with no cost to them. Id recommend getting it replaced even if it means waiting a little longer. youl be much happier in the long run not having to worry about it cracking or having to look at those distracting scratches. Get it replaced if you can, its worth it! Best of luck!

Hello Guys,

I'm calling the company where i purchased the cube from and returning it. I'm not going to wait another week to get a replacment and have it possibly come with scratches, or have to do a fill test to see if the glass cracks. The cube are cool aquriums, but i'm not going to give it another shot. I'm going to get a 16 AGA bow tank instead.

Archived