SaltCritters.com

rear filtration

hvacguy

Hi Guys;

New to this forum, but not reefing. I'm setting up a 24 gal nano cube

.I'm building my own stand and canopy. I know a lot of you guys try your best to keep the stock look, but for me I'd rather have the flexability to set up my lighting, run a cooler tank, and to skim. Anyways, my question is on how to set up the rear filter chambers? I've seen a couple of posts on the subject, but not many responses. I'm going to build an over flow for surface skimming. I'm also going to run a remora in chamber 2. In chamber 3 I'll have my heater and a Hydor Seltz L35 pump connected to the Hydor Flo water deflector. This pump puts out 450 gal/per hour and only consumes 19 watts. I'm going to post some pictures of the stand and canopy in a couple of days. It's been a challenge matching the bow of the tank but it has come out nicely. For lighting I'll be running two 36 watt pc, one 50/50 and one actinic on seperate ballasts. One 175 watt 14,000 k hamilton MH and a moon light kit from the Lebo's. I also just purchased the JBJ auto top off system. It looks pretty cool. I figured since alot of you guys have your cubes up and running for a while you'd know what works. I'll appreciate all advice and responses.

Thanks

Archived