Coral Vue Hydros

Progress Report

SubZero

Thanks to all of those who have helped so far. This really has been a lot of fun. It’s been over two weeks with the LR/LS and over a week with the small clean up crew: 2 snails and 2 blue-legged hermits. All have been doing well.

Of course the tank isn't so pretty with all the algae that has started to bloom, but it must be a sign that things are progressing. The levels I test for seem to be right on track, but I am not sure if my nitrate test kit is any good. The levels are as follows.

Temp 80-82 F

SG 1.022

PH 8.2

Ammonia 0

Nitrite 0

Nitrate has gone from 10 down to 5

I noticed that the little polyps that came on some of my LR have really started to grow since I put it in there. As I looked at the pictures of my tank right after I got it set up and then looked at the polyps now, they really are looking good I think...tell me what you think.

Here they are about an hour after I put the rock in my tank, basically day one for my tank...

harbingerofthefish

Am I correct in saying you had the 2 with the small growth and now you have 5? If so, they are definatly liking your set-up. The colors on them are very nice as well.:)

Chop up some tiny pieces of raw shrimp and put them on the polyp heads and see what happens.;) I have those same polyps in my tank. Pretty nifty.

If your nitrates have dropped at all, thats a good sign. It means that SOMETHING is happening to reduce nitrates.

• 1 month later...

The feeding idea worked quite well...I can't beleive how much they've grown. My tank is coming up on 2 months old and everything looks good. The cyano problem I was having seems to have subsided. Basically, all I do now is water changes once a week and scrub a little algae off the glass. Other than that I sit back and watch the stuff grow. Here is the picture of the same polyps today you can see that there is a new polyp forming in the picture. You can't see it but there are two others in the background...not bad for 2 months since new and a total beginner huh ? :D

Thanks for looking....

Mark

Archived